cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of solution for J2EE system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We need to add our EP7 (JAVA) in solman as new solution kindly suggest.

Thanks,

De'

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surojeet Dey,

Use this note: "Note 987835 - How to define Solutions in SMSY for Diagnostics".

Steps:

1. SMSY->Landscape Components->Server->Right Click and Create new server.

2. SMSY->Landscape Components->Databases->Right Click and Create new database.

3. SMSY->Landscape Components->System Components->Right Click and Create new system component. Enter System Component name(eg., EP7_J) and choose Type as "Java".

4. SMSY->Landscape Components->Systems->Right Click and Create new system.

Enter a System name(eg., EP7_S); choose Product as "SAP Netweaver" and Product Version as "SAP Netweaver 7.0(2004s)". Save the changes.

5. Now select the created system(EP7_S), Go to tab "Selection of Main Instances" on the rightside.

Check the check-boxes of "Enterprise Portal" for "Relevant" as well as "System Component" and enter the created java system name(in this case EP7_J). So you linked the java system to EP system.

6. Next, Create logical component and assign this logical component to the EP system.

7. Finally create a solution and assign this logical component to this solution.

You can use SAP tutors also to create Systems(SMSY), Logical components and Solution.

https://service.sap.com/rkt-solman

Once you login rkt-solman, then select Solution Manager 7.0 > Technology Consultants and System Administor

1. [System and Solution Maintenance (SMSY)|https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000894082006E.sim]

2. [System Landscape (SMSY) - Create Logical Components|https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700004860082004E.sim]

3. [Assign Systems to new and Existing Logical Components - with Assistant|https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700002912242006E.sim]

Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: Senthamil Selvan on Apr 23, 2009 12:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for your support.

I already create a java system component, but I need to read software components from sap enterprise portal server, but I dont see button " read information from remote system" as ABAP system.

How to connect and read information form remote system?

Please help me, thanks all very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minh,

Do u need to add EP in your solman as a new solution ??

If yes then I can guide you for the same.

Let me know.

Regards,

De'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear De'!

I already create a new solution for sap enterprise portal. How to continue to config connect to Enterprise Portal system.

Thank De'!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Minh,

If I am getting you correct then you need to read data for your EP system.

Please do the below steps:-

1. Go SMSY

2. Assuming that you have already define database, server and Java Components.

3. Now right click on system and create new system, select relevent system {eg if you have EP 7 you can select Netweaver then in product version netweaver 2000s, provide installation number}.

4. Now go the tab u201CSelection of Main Instancesu201D

Mark System Component Assignment, Select type and Enter SID of J2EE system. Save the Changes.

Then add this to your solution of EP.

If you want to read data from your EP system, extra step required.

1. Configure SLD if you dont have any use solman SLD,

2. In SLD the data should automatically come through visual admin tool-> services--->SLD data supplier.

3. Run the LANDSCAPE fetch JOB after doing 1 & 2 , and you will see that data is automatically comming through SLD in your solution.

hope this helps.

Regards,

De'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

after the configuration I can see the proper data in local SLD, but the SP levels for J2EE components are not updated in SMSY. What should be done to made system update the information?

Kind regards,

Jakub

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is it a SAP Enterprise Portal?

If yes --> define a new system of type SAP NetWeaver and choose as component there "SAP Enterprise Portal". The appropriate tcode is SMSY.

Please do not forget to define a Server and Database earlier.

Define after this a logical component, e.g. Z_EP7 and put there your SAP system defined above.

In tcode DSWP you can define a new solution and put there your new logical component.