cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from CONS system to PROD system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using CMS to transport the web dynpro content from DEV->> CONS>> PROD system. I dont have the QA system defined as such coz the CONS system is my QA system itself.

Now when I try to assemble the component, it gives only one option to assemble "all the activities" in the queue. I have some dummy/abandoned DCs which I dont want to move to the PROD system.

How can I assemble only some of the activities out of the complete list and move it to PROD after approval stage?

Secondly, it is possible for me to define the same physical system as CONS and QA logical system and then use the normal step by step release and assemble process?

Thanks

Regards

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet

Irrespective of if you were able to define a QA system you still wouldnt be able to pick and choose activities that would be part of the assembly process. Everything gets assembled . The only point where you can place a restriction is in the CONS import stage

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

But this seems to be issue. How can you release something to PROD that is failing in integration testing in QA. In standard SAP R/3 also we can retain some transports in QA and release the rest to the PROD system.

I still think there should be some method to pick and choose the transports.

Regards

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet

If something fails in QA then you will need to repropogate a fix , even in ABAP holding back the transport is not the solution because testing is done under the context of all the transports , how the system behaves minus a transport is itself another cycle of testing.

This link outlines the assembly task

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8a/68809f4f294f9ea52e82f84a6ff6ca/frameset.htm

The granularity of selection is at the SC level not at the activity level

Regards

Pran