Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mass updates in CUA via a Batch Input Session

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to do a mass upload of users in CUA, via SU01. When we come to create the batch input session, by creating a record, we find that the only thing that is not saved is the role data entered on the role tab, everything else gets saved.

Can anybody help with a solution ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geoff

Initial load of user through Batch-Input or CATT is kind of difficult when you are using CUA.

I use a couple of ABAP Reports for this, one that creates the users, and one to assign the roles, but it's not SAP standard reports

There are some good BAPI'S for both to create your own load program.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

8 REPLIES 8

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> the only thing that is not saved is the role data entered on the role tab, everything else gets saved.

What exactly are you trying to record in SU01, and with which tool? Role assignments may be difficult for existing users because you cannot position the sursor prooperly as this depends on the number of roles alread assigned.. To assign roles I advise to use SU10 (still one user at a time) to do the assigment. SECATT is my preferred tool for this job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi You can use SCUG to transfer all the users to CUA system and you need to Text compare for the all the users in CUA system.

Hope this helps.

Raj

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geoff

Initial load of user through Batch-Input or CATT is kind of difficult when you are using CUA.

I use a couple of ABAP Reports for this, one that creates the users, and one to assign the roles, but it's not SAP standard reports

There are some good BAPI'S for both to create your own load program.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

0 Kudos

Morten,

Thanks for that, eCATT iseems to be giving us a bit of a problem. When I looked at BAPI's, all I could see was Profile changes, but nothing for roles. Can you give me an idea of what I'm looking for, as I'm not too technically minded, so that I can pass it on to the technical team ??

Thanks Geoff

0 Kudos

> When I looked at BAPI's, all I could see was Profile changes, but nothing for roles.

BAPI_USER_ACTGROUPS_ASSIGN is what you would be looking for.

> Can you give me an idea of what I'm looking for, as I'm not too technically minded, so that I can pass it on to the technical team ??

There is a blog by Trond Stroemme with more infos on this => /people/community.user/blog/2008/07/14/mass-user-creation-using-bapis

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

Thanks for the BAPI, but when I click on the BLOG - I get a "page cannot be displayed" message

Geoff

0 Kudos

Same here, site seems to be a bit slow at the moment. Maybe later?

If you google BAPI_USER_ACTGROUPS_ASSIGN you also get quite a few hits. Maybe one of those can get you underway.

0 Kudos

> Maybe later?

Like now? I can see it. With a coding example.

Cheers,

Julius