cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work flow in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

can anybody tell me the solution for the below scenario.

1-i want to attach few documents to WBS elements in PS.
2-Project manager should get one mail automatically after i attach the document.
3-Then Project manager has to change the status of the document like 'approved' or 'rejected'.
4-after that automatically a mail should flow to the responsible person with a comment.

How to map this scenario.

can anybody tell me?

Thanx in advance.

Regards

Ashis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashis

1-i want to attach few documents to WBS elements in PS.

Suppose User A Creates a DIR Name Proj109 .I particular status he Links it to a project called D3017.As soon as he saves DIR and Changes the status to Inspection required a workflow should triggered to the Project Manager.Now Project Manager should be identified from the Proj D3017 to which Document is linked.

2-Project manager should get one mail automatically after i attach the document.

After receiving workflow Item in Business Workplace(SBWP), he clicks the Object(DIR Proj109)en sent as link.This will direct him to DIR.

3-Then Project manager has to change the status of the document like 'approved' or 'rejected'.

Once he arrives at DIR Proj109 from workitem, he will change status of document to approve or rejected

Once he saves the DIR, again a workflow will be triggered to the person who has created document ( If rejected) or person who is receiver of DIR (Approved).

4-after that automatically a mail should flow to the responsible person with a comment.

You can provide comments in workflow based on what status you have given to document.

example :- If DIR is rejected you can hardcode comment DIR is Rejected. Please check the DIR. or a text field can be provided in workflow to put comments.

My suggestion would be pen own your process in a Logical manner in MS Visio with detail steps in workflow with the person involved and when workitem should get triggered on what action.This will help your workflow consultant to design workflow in quicker and acurate way.

Hope I have answered in better way.

With regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to create new Document Type through DC10 transaction (if you can not use existing one) for this purpose. Assign proper status network to this document type(eg- Create, Approved, Rejscted etc). Configure Object Links type to this document type from "Define Object Links" node. Object PRPS is used for WBS elements. For triggering workflow, you will have to develop workflow with help of your technical consultant. You can define condition such that email will be triggered when document of that perticular document type is saved with status Created,Approved or Rejected.

I hope this is useful to you,

Regards,

Milind Dumbre