Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden fields are visible

former_member232095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have just set the iview ToolArea (in Default Framework Page) invisible, as well as the iview Portal Favorites in the Desktop Innerpage. These setting work as excpected and wanted in our development portal; the search field is hidden as well as the Portal Favorites iview.

But when the same settings are done in our test-portal it seems like the changes doesn't have any effect. The check-boxes are not marked as visible, but they still appear to users.

Anyone got any ideas on why this is happening?

All users in both dev and test have Default Framework Page as their default desktop.

Regards, Stina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you've picked the correct framework page. There are a few of them in the PCD, and generally you want the one that has the id starting with: pcd:portal_content/every_user.

former_member232095
Participant
0 Kudos

Quick response!

Thanks!

The id was pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/general/com.sap.portal.frameworkpage...

Which i double checked was the one I also used in development, where I got it working.

Mysterious...

Am I misunderstanding something fundamental?

Regards, Stina.

former_member232095
Participant
0 Kudos

And I emptied the browser cache, of course...

Regards, Stina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally I advise changing the com.sap.pct version of objects. This one can be overwritten during support packs etc.

If you check the delta link tracer dependents for the com.sap.pct version, you will see that it is linked to the one I mentioned. This will inherit from com.sap.pct, but it someone overwrites the values, then they will take precedence.

former_member232095
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you!

I found the one you mentioned, and that solved it in my test-portal. But changing this one in development, nothing happened.

Sounds like some inheritance might be broken...

Regards,

Stina.

Answers (0)