cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middleware Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we first went live with our CRM Online implementation, we identified the customers that we wanted to bring over from R/3, listed them in the CUSTOMER_MAIN filter and ran an initial load. For each new customer we followed the same process. Three years later, the list is extensive and the initial load takes 2+ hours to run.

My question is, what are my options? I would ideally like to bring over all old & future customers to CRM automatically and not be required to run an initial load each time. Could I just delete the entries in the filter and run another initial load? Would this cause inconsistencies? In PIDE, we have Sold-to's, Ship-to's, Payers, and Bill-to's setup. Would the initial (and delta)loads only bring these roles into CRM?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernard.

The repeated initial load will not cause inconsistencies, as the customers already downloaded to CRM have a mapping via their GUIDs in R/3 tab CRMKUNNR and CRM tab CRMM_BUT_CUSTNO. Additionnally, the customers should be sent in task type M (modify) and load type I (initial), which should ensure, that whatever customer has a mapping in the above tables will only get updated and whatever customer does not will get created in CRM.

Rgds

Thomas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As soon as you run the initial load for a business object, in your example CUSTOMER_MAIN, the system will automatically activate the delta replication for that object.

So, any changes to the customers already downloaded via intial load or any new created customers in R/3, will be replicated to CRM automatically. We don't need to run initial download again.

The delta load will respect the definitions maintained on PIDE transaction, and on object definition in CRM transaction R3AC1 or R3AC3, I am not sure, which one is the business object definition.

Do you have any other doubt?

Regards,

Susana Messias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bernard,

Why you have to to initial load everytime? This will happens only once while bringing teh customers first time. Rest of the replications will happens via delta load based on the mapping in PIDE.

Let me know if I understood you wrongly.

Regards

Pakaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify - my understanding and what I have observed is that once you specify criteria in an object filter (in this case, customer number in CUSTOMER_MAIN) the delta load will ONLY bring in any changes to those customer numbers specified in the filter, right? Any new customers (with/ different customer numbers) will need to be added to the filter. This is why I need to run an initial load each time I need a new customer in CRM.

I would like to remove the customer numbers from the filter and just run 1 initial load bringing the existing customers (as specified in PIDE) and then allow the delta to bring over changes and new customers. I just want to make sure that this does not cause any inconsistencies for existing data in CRM.

Thank you to everyone that has responded thus far - I will award points appropriately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's possible to define other criter other criteria in the filter then the specific customer numbers. You could define a range for example, or an account group.

I you want to load a specific customer, you can use transaction CRMM_BUPA_MAP. or create a synchronisation request (R3AR2) based on the customer_main object.

--> another possibility is using the SDIMA objects to detect missing partners and transfer them if necessary

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK...

Now remove the filter condition from CUSTOMER_MAIN, start the initial download. Being R/3 is the master system, it will have all teh updated customer data. So this would not cause any inconsistency.

Please make sure that CRM number range is defined as external (spro>cross application>sap BP-> BP>basic setting--> nunber range and grouping) and is matching to R/3 number range when doing intial download.

I hope this must be already set, just do cross check,

REgards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernard,

You can download only that customers that you have mentioned in trnx PIDE with the mentioned roles in it.Also see that the number range is properly defined in CRM.

You should not mention any filter condition in adapter object and try doing initial load of object 'CUSTOMER_MAIN' from trnx R3AS.

If it does not work check whether Middleware configuration is done properly.

Regards,

Rahul

Message was edited by: Rahul Jagani

Message was edited by: Rahul Jagani