cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there XI -Java Web Start workaround?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently I have updated to JRE 1.5.0 and updated web start also gets installed with it. Suddenly after this IR and ID are not working. So I have to uninstall JRE 1.5.0 and reinstall older JRE 1.4.2_11 and again both of them seem to work fine. Now from this scenario I understand that IR and ID will not work with newer Java Runtime. Please let me know if anybody has workaround for this. I hope SAP will fix this problem in XI 7.0 which is ramp-up version.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilkanth,

This problem while opening IR and ID with JRE1.5.0 has been around for some time now and unfortunately the only way out is to have 1.4.2 running on the local machine.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pravin & Bhavesh, Though I figured it out that it is problem and I have to go back with JRE 1.4.2 as I did and I am fine with it.

Thanks again for interest and let me know if anything comes around to help this problem before XI 7.0 gets in the market.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilkanth,

Regarding your question <i>"if anything comes around to help this problem before XI 7.0 gets in the market"</i>

No the problem still exists even with PI 7.0..... And by the way it’s no more XI 7.0....Its PI7.0.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting me know that it is PI 7.0, though I never had chance to have look on it. I heard that SAP had already shipped it to partners for evaluation purpose and planning to release it in coming JULY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilkanth,

We have started using it.....Its pretty cool.....very simmilar to sp16....anyways you should also get your hands on it by July...and by the way PI stands for PROCESS INTEGRATION....I like the new name too..

Regards,

abhy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikanth

Have a look at Java WebStart. It is possible to use several different versions of JRE. You can add another version if you:

open JAVA WebStart -> File -> Setting -> Java

-> Add Java version.

Then it is possible to set some active and others inactive.

Have a look at it....

Greetings,

Nana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilkanth,

If you have some problem with your java webstart, please see if any of these information will help you in any ways.

Some probable steps that you can try doing are:

- You could use java webstart version with j2sdk1.4.2_XX(Preferrably j2sdk1.4.2_06 - j2sdk1.4.2_10.But it’s better not to have JRE 1.5 and above as it has been noticed to throw errors.

- To avoid auto updates of J2SE to higher versions go to the control panel and open the Java Plug In icon. Browse to the update panel and uncheck the checkbox for Check for Updates Automatically.

- Open Web Start and go to Preferences. In the General tab you will find 3 radio buttons for proxies. Select the None option.

- Try clearing the cache folder Java Web Start>File>Preferences>Advanced>Clear Folder and then try downloading the jar files again.

Also pls go thru this link <a href="/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/11/27/java-web-start Web Start</a>

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilkanth,

Do you get any error when you click on url for IR and ID?

Is it the problem with downloading the JAR files? Provide more details.

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I get .jar file download errors. Following are ther error, though the error provided below is just two files and I have got error for some other files too but retrying again solved the problem with other files but with these two files it is not working at all:

*******for IR******

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Integration Builder

Vendor: SAP AG

Category: Download Error

Corrupted JAR file at http://<server_name>:50000/rep/repository/aii_ibrep_client.jar

*******for ID********

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Integration Builder

Vendor: SAP AG

Category: Download Error

Corrupted JAR file at http://<server_name>:50000/dir/directory/sapj2eeclient.jar