cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request is not added to buffer automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a four system landscape DEV, QA, Pre-Prod and Prod and have defined two transport target gropes, one for SAP standard and another for ZDEV.

Both the groups points to a group of specific clients in QA and Pre-prod systems respectively.

When I release a request in DEV system, its not automatically populated in QA and Pre-prod system however I am able to add the request manually.

I have checked all the routs and settings and all seems ok to me.

Parameter CTC is also set to 1.

Can you suggest me that where the problem could be?

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

This kind of problem occur when

landscape share the same transport directory, but you have defined different transport groups for them or

a system does not have a transport group defined.

another possible reason may be the RFC connections between your systems are not defined or they are not working properly.

Follow SAP Note Number: [814639|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/814639], Transport requests disappear from the buffer.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Preveen, I can add request from GUI. (Not tried from OS but if I can add from SAP then I presume it should not be prob in OS)

@ Nitin , as mentioned in note 62739, I already have a common transport dir mounted at
$ SAPTRANSHOST\sapmnt\trans

If there would be any permissions issue then I could be able to see them in ALOG/SLOG and system log , b ut there is no such message.

@Debasis I have a common group name GROUP_QAS. All the RFCs are working ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Yes you are right if you can add the reuqest to buffer manually, it should not be an issue at OS level too. Could you please check the following

1. Is transport job running in DEV,QAS and Pre-PROD systems. Also you can just simply reschedule the job by logging in to client 000 using user ID DDIC and run RDDNEWPP.

2. Check whether DEV,QAS, Pre-PROD system have same kernel patch level. Mainly make sure tp version is same on all systems. It would be helpful if yo can latest kernel downloaded or deploy latest tp program.

3. Check at OS level if tp program is running on systems.

If these are all ok we need to further analyze.

Thank You,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u mean RDD* job by transport job ? Yest all of them are running OK and i triggered them by RDD-NEWPP only .

to version is 266 in all the systems. its not running anywhere unless i run it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Yes I was talking about RDD* jobs. Please check if there is latest tp available for your release, this may not be your issue. Could you please attch the transport routes in your system, to me it looks like something is wrong in config itself.

What is your TMS domain and does all system share same domain or is there any difference?

Thank You,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I am facing same issue, please suggest if you found the solution for it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I think it is just because you dont have a common transport directory for all the systems,you have to add each transport manually

I would recommend you to configure a common transport dorectory on either your development or production system,This will resolve your issue

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Even if he dont have common transport directory then also it should come in queue and need only extra

adjustment step.

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

do you have a common transport directory or are they different for each systems

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion it is the problem of transport configuration. It will be helpful if you check your transport routes and distribute the configuration. BTW, are these local requests?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which OS you are using?

are you using common transport directory for all?

If you are using windows then please add sapsevice user id of all four systems in each others administrator. This works for me.

Again recheck your configuration and redistribut. Also check STMS conistency it will show file path for all systems cofiles and datafile.

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Operation system : Windows NT

Database : MS SQL

All the transport request created were transportable ( none of them were local)

I got warning message BUFFER_IS_FAULTY when I checked the STMS consistence ( this is due to some of the files were deleted from the datafiles/cofiles earlier however it should not affect the TMS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check before releasing request.

Whether in request properties that tansport grop and target group exist.

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it exists (in all the requests i released). It takes the target group name automatically.

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if following links helps you.

[http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/sap-40-stms-status-locked-1366692]

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already checked this link.

This would have been the case if the queue were locked. All the queues are open.

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit,

How did you set up your delivery path for QAS and Pre-Prod systems. When you said you can maually add request is it from SAP GUI or at OS level.

Is it possible for send the screnshot of Transport Route, it would help at looking this issue more clearly.

Thank You,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check for note 62739.

Hope this will help you

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe