Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order : function to determine the purchase order number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on data migration to create purchase order. I must use the internally range number. Does anybody knows which function must i use to create the purchase order number before calling the bapi bapi_po_create ?

with regards

Jean-Luc Ledoux

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Call directly the BAPI_PO_CREATE, the PO number will be returned by it and will be validated within the internal range.

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think BAPI_PO_CREATE will automatically assign PO number and the PO number will be returned in the parameter.

Edited by: Pawan Kesari on Apr 22, 2009 3:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can use the foll BAPI.

BAPI_PO_GETITEMS

Regards,

Pavan.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The BAPI is designed to generate the next free number that is defined by the company and allocate it in series.

This is taken care internally.

explain the scenario like as from what data ur creating the PO and wht exactly do u mean by having ur own internal number range.....

No body will have 2 number ranges to define PO....

if ur uploading data from legacy system then u can have 2 fields called as old purchase order number and purchase order number in new erp system.

if this is ur scenario ask how the functional mapping is done in the company to accomadate legacy purchase order numbers.

Regards,

Jayaram Maganti

Former Member
0 Kudos

PO would be generated in the system according to the configuration in the system.

Please consult your functional guy for the range number of the PO, to configure in the way you require.

Regards,

Lalit Mohan Gupta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for yours answers, it seems to be Ok

with regards