cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to configure Capable-to-Promise, however, in the creation of the sales order, it still does not create the availability check in APO. Could it be in the strategy group that I had created? What is the mapping of the Strategy group in APO? Should I manually configure it as well?

What could be the other things to check so as to ensure the correct configuration for Capable-to-Promise in PP/DS.

Really hoping so much for your replies.

Sincerely,

Ria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ria,

Creating a strategy group in R/3 will not stop the system from creating an APO ATP check, but it may prevent CTP from executing. Worry about this after you have established APO ATP.....

In order to execute an ATP in APO you must first create and activate the appropriate CIF models that are relevant for your plant/material combination:

Plant

Material

Work Centers (CTP Only)

Production Process Model (CTP Only)

Sales Orders

Planned Orders

Production Orders

Assuming you will be also doing a product check (this is pretty common)

All Stocks relevant for ATP checking

Purchase Orders & PReqs (if used for ATP)

And most important

ATP check.

You should probably activate these in the order I have presented them above. You should then check for any CIF queue errors, and correct them all (do not delete errored queues!). Then, go into APO to ensure that all appropriate master and transactional data exists in APO, BEFORE you try your first ATP check. A quick way to tell if most transactional stuff is in APO is to do an MD04 in R/3, and compare it to /SAPAPO/RRP3 in APO. All elements in MD04 should probably exist in APO - all stock, all supply, all demand.

The defining moment comes when you are performing a standard Sales order availability check in R/3, instead of getting the standard R/3 proposal screen, you get the SCM proposal screen (within the screen, look at the lower right hand corner for the server name, it should be the SCM servername instead of the R/3 servername).

Once you have the APO ATP screen, then you can start investigating CTP issues.

You should refer to the SAP Best Practices building blocks for configuration steps below

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B02_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B05_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/ATP_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/S29_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thank you so much for all the documents and the help. All was already configured in the system, and is working fine for the other products. I then have created a new requirements class, type and strategy group and assigned to the material as per the building block for capable to promise. Then I had assigned it to the material. Then cifed it across to APO, however, when I had created the sales order, the checking is still not in SCM but in ECC.

Hoping for your reply.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ria,

Your ATP check Integration Model is not working.

I will assume that you are confident that other IM models are working successfully, implying that CIF communications between SCM and ERP has already been verified as OK.

When you are making major changes to master data or configuration in ERP, it is always a good idea to rebuild and reactivate your IMs for both Master data and transactional data on a regular basis. Many companies run these rebuilds as jobs every night in the production system. In a dev or sandbox system, you may want to run it more often. If you don't have such a job built, you will probably want to build one soon.

So, for today. Find ALL ATP integration models that affect the Material/Plant you are experimenting with. In ERP, use CFM5; select "ATP check", enter material & plant in the "General selection options for materials" section. Execute.

After your search, there will be displayed one or more filter objects. Select each one of them, one by one. Examine the details of each one. Find any that have active models. Write these active models down.

While you are here, it is a good idea to see if you have been logical in your IM creation process. It is a bad practice to have more than one IM active for the ATP check for a single Material/Plant combination. If you have more than one, you probably want to rethink about how you intend to build these in the future.

When this is done, go to CFM2. Enter the models found. Deactivate them. Just for good measure, you may want to go to CFM4 and delete them to ensure that you never use them again, but this is not really necessary.

Now, go to CFM1, and re-create and save your preferred ATP IM. back to CFM2, activate manually. IF YOU GET A QUEUE ERROR, DON'T JUST DELETE IT. Instead, find out why you have the error, correct the underlying problem.

You should now have an active ATP check IM in place for your material/plant that 'works'. Just to be on the safe side, go into SMQ1 to ensure that you have no hanging queues.

Now do an ATP check against your plant/material. Should go to SCM and not ERP.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

I really really appreciate all your help.. Thanks a bunch.:)

Sincerely,

Ria

Answers (0)