Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic screen layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a screen with two custom container. One is for a tree ALV and the other one is a table ALV. My question is how can I make the containers to fully utilize my real screen estate? It seems that I can only specify a fixed value to the lines and columns of screen and custom containers.

Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Yes, you are partly right.

Custom container can have only fixed size and position on screen. You must define it before program starts and can't change it dynamically. The container is, however, only a place where you strore your GUI controls. It is therefore up to them what size they are. If they don't fit the size of the container you will get a scrollbars.

If you want to have a modifiable screen containers you must use docking container or splitter container .

Note!

In cutom container control you have attributes Resizing . Their only determine if resizing the SAP window affects the size of the container. Min lines/columns are to define a smallest necessary size which must be kept to container during window resizing.

Regards

Marcin

1 REPLY 1

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Yes, you are partly right.

Custom container can have only fixed size and position on screen. You must define it before program starts and can't change it dynamically. The container is, however, only a place where you strore your GUI controls. It is therefore up to them what size they are. If they don't fit the size of the container you will get a scrollbars.

If you want to have a modifiable screen containers you must use docking container or splitter container .

Note!

In cutom container control you have attributes Resizing . Their only determine if resizing the SAP window affects the size of the container. Min lines/columns are to define a smallest necessary size which must be kept to container during window resizing.

Regards

Marcin