cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Mapping Inquiry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could someone please explain to me whether you need to do anything differently in the mapping step if the partner/vendor to whom you send PO data to uses the cbXML format?

We'll be using PI 7.0 which is the next version after XI 3.0.

Thanks,

Jerry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think next version of XI 3.0 is PI7.0 which comes in the nw2004s Stack.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/57/08bb3f23823c17e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

<i>

***Could someone please explain to me whether you need to do anything differently in the mapping step if the partner/vendor to whom you send PO data to uses the cbXML format?</i>

Following thread tells about cXML..so may be useful

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thank you for the reply,

I looked at the thread but unfortunately I didn't get what I need in terms of information also I'm new to XI so the obvious to some isn't obvious tome. For example, do you need to write an abap mapping program or can one use the standard graphical mapping tool. Also are you suggesting that cXML is the same as cbXML (compact binary XML).

Thanks,

Jerry

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>**Also are you suggesting that cXML is the same as cbXML (compact binary XML).</i>

I am just telling you that similar way you can try for CbXML also. I am not telling both are same.

I think it is not possible with Graphical Mapping. But you can try with hardcoding the header (cbXML part ) and you can check it. For this first make sure that your target message is not containing actual namespace. This you can do - going to Message Type and delete the namespace from the namespace column.

Other options are generating the required header in the Receiver side ( using Java Modules )

Else use XSLT/JAVA Mapping ..

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

If i got that right, you have a full XML representation using tags, then you canonicalize it with specific rules and the output is cbXML? If that is the case, you could work in XI mapping with the full XML representation and then write an adapter module or adapter that carries out the canonicalization of the full XML to cbXML.

From what i've seen about cbXML (mainly here: http://www.w3.org/2003/08/binary-interchange-workshop/presentations-ibm-cbxml.pdf), i don't believe you can use the real cbXML in XI mappings. However the adapter module or adapter would be nice as it could be programmed independently from a specific format to work with any XML format so you would be able to convert any XML to cbXML. Whereas if you try to solve it in a mapping you would have to redo it over and over again.

Regards

Christine

Answers (0)