cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor not appearing in password input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know this is probably going to be a bit of a long shot but i have got two fields on the front screen of my web dynpro for abap, with the second field set as a password field.

When I tab through the fields the cursor apears in the first field but when I press tab again to move to the second password field, although it highlights the field the cursor does not appear so I cant start typing without actually using the mouse to click in the field!

If i place the password field first or make it a normal input field rather than a password field this problem goes away but obviously these are not valid solutions to this problem.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Mart

P.s. i am not 100% certain about this and not sure if it will help with a solution but i believe this bug has only surfaced since we upgraded to the lastest patch level!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Before I raise a support ticket with SAP I was just wondering if anyone ever found a solution to this problem. Have managed to put off finding a solution for as long as possible:-( Only solution i have find so far is to capture the user pressing enter and then passing the focus onto the password field but this is not great as the user has to press enter instead of tab which is not particulally intuative.

Regards

Mart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mart,

Definitely has got to do with the update, we are facing the same issue after the new gui update. Now when we try to focus on an input field with the mouse sometimes it takes 3-4 attemts to get the cursor....

Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies, makes me feel a bit better having confirmation it is probably a SAP issue:-) Would be gratefull if you would let me know of any solutions you get back from SAP and i will do the same for you.

Regards

Mart

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This sounds like something you should open a support ticket for.