Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WE20 - How Define partner B for payment through EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we need to define a partner no. for payment through EDI

when we do in transaction WE20 "create" for partner Type B and enter all the data we get an ERROR message says " Enter a permissible partner number"

when we should defnie these partner no.

please advise

thanks,

meir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having the same issue and we are using SAP 4.7. I don't see the EDI Partner Profile tab when I go into transaction FI12. I'm trying to add a 2nd EDI Bank, and I see the first one listed under the EDI Partner Profile button within a house bank, but I sure can't seem to add a 2nd one for some reason. It just keeps taking me to the Partner Profile screen where I can't add a Bank partner.

Any suggestions on what I'm not doing correctly?

Thanks for the help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephens,

Do you mean to say that the house bank for which you need create a partner number in FI12 you are not having EDI partner profiles TAB?

Please clarify your requirement.

regards

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm sure I'm just not seeing something, but when I go into FI12, I see a list of our house banks. I don't see the current EDI Partner Bank of 10000 listed in this list. If I click on any house bank, then click on the "EDI Partner profiles" button, I get a pull-down for EDI Partner Number. When I pull down on this, I see partner bank 10000. We want to add a partner bank of 10001 so that our EDI Routing product (Gentran) will know that a different EDI file should be built for 10001, but I can't for the life of me figure out where to add 10001. When I click on Partner Profiles, it takes me to the partners. I click on Banks and see 10000. I try to copy this to create 10001. I then get the message "enter a permissible parter number." I'm sure 10001 needs to exist elsewhere, but I can't figure out where 10000 exists to be able to replicate.

Thanks for the help on this. I'm hoping I'm just missing an easy step somewhere.

Duane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffens,

As per your thread, I came to an understanding that you need to create a EDI partner number for a House Bank.

If you want to create a EDI partner number, then you cant create directly in WE20 Partner Profile. Because first you need to update create a partner number for the concerned partner number in the house bank.

Go to FI12 give the company code, and select the particular house bank for which you want to give 10001 as EDI partner number in EDI partner profile tab. Save the transaction.

Then go to WE20 for partner type Bank, now create a new transaction with partner number 10001 now system will allow you to create a transaction.

Note: You can assign only one EDI partner number per house bank, you cant be able to give multiple edi partner numbers in the house bank.

Hope you understood.

Regards

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Outstanding! I was able to create the EDI Partner Bank of 10001 in fi12 following your instructions. Since it wasn't in the pull-down, I just assumed I couldn't create it from there. Sorry that I hadn't tried that before.

But, you did explain something to me I hadn't realized. You said we can only have one EDI Partner bank specified for each house bank. We don't want to create another House bank for this, so I've got to figure out another way around this.

Maybe you can give me some advice? We currently send an IDOC out of SAP that goes to our EDI conversion utility (Gentran), and Gentran uses the partner number of 10000 to know that an ACH file is built from that IDOC.

Well, now we want to send an IDOC to Gentran throught the same method, but we want it to build an EDI 820 file instead of an ACH file. I was thinking the easiest method was to use a new partner number of 10001 for Gentran to key on, but since we aren't wanting to add a new house bank, that may not work.

When we run transaction f110 to create a payment run, we are using a payment method of "U" for EDI. Would it be easier to just create a new payment method and use that to drive these? Or what have you done in cases such as these?

Thanks for all the help!

Duane