Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR Valuation Price From Maintained Material Price

former_member761851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have scenario and would like to implement in SAP.

1. I have material with moving average price.

2. I would to maintain its price as per market rate which will change after 6 months or a year.

3. I want to create the PR for these material and user only has to enter the material and qty the maintained

material price should come automatically in valuation price of PR.

Kindly give the solution for that or if any BADI or user exit required.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member761851
Participant
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't require a BADI. You need to mainatin price control as V in material master.

Price gets automatically copied to valution price in PR during creation.

Regards

Antony

former_member761851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Thanks for your reply. kindly go through the scenario again this moving average price will keep changing whenever we receive material. But my material price is fix which is going to change after 6 months or a year.

Regards

former_member761851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

2. I would to maintain its price as per market rate which will change after 6 months or a year.

3. I want to create the PR for these material and user only has to enter the material and qty the maintained

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kashif

The use price control as standard and give the cost in standrd price field. So that during PR creation system will default the standrd value in PR. Whenever you do market correction change standard price.

There is nothing wrong in maintianing standard price for a raw material. Many european company has standard price for raw material.

Even though your material has price indicator s, it will update moving average price also in material master. So you have both information for you

Regards

Antony

former_member761851
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Antony!

Many thanks for your reply, this solution is ok but the problem is that all the material now having the moving average price what i will do for that.

Moreover whenever i have to change the standard price i have to change with MR21 or what.

Regards

former_member761851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kashif

Why are you so particular about PR price? As by now you are aware that PR valuation price is the prevailing material master price based upon what indicator is set there. You can not have any control over that Price flow there, since PR price is only indicative price oryou can say proposed price. If it is V and the price is say X in PR, you can not take that price as a reference price for your PO as that is the weighted avg price and does not show the actual last procured price of the material. Ifit is standard it will alwyas show the same price evenif you buy with a difference price. You does not have any control over that.

Eitherway pR price is never copied to PO, Why can not you think of having control over price in PO stage ? You will have so man options. Just give a thought about it.

Best regards

former_member646648
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaisf,

What I think you need to keep inforecord /agreement for putting your price automatically in PO. In PO price never comes from Material Master or from PR. If for procurement purpose you need to update the price you only need to change the price in inforecord /agreement. This should work fine..

Price change MR21 will change the material master price and will effect in stock value and in your scenario it is not required also..

former_member761851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dear Samuel / Basab,

Thanks for your reply.

1. PR valuation price can be copy into PO by defining the function authorization for buyers.

2. Just i have the requirement to automate the price in valuation, requisition only has to enter the material and qty, that is the main requirement from the user. Due to this only PR activity not started yet even PO has been created since 1 year.

I hope now u understand why i require to automate the material price in PR.

Regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

PR Price will always be copied from moving av price maintained in PR. This mov avg price will always change with every GR/GI.

You can maintain condition record in MEK1 for ur pricing condition ..... like PB00/PBXX.... and tht you can change after evry six months or once a year or as u wish to .... now this MEk1 price will be defaulted to your PO and in SPRO maintain this price as only display

Hope this helps you

former_member761851
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjoo

I am talking about PR not PO for the PO i am not having any problem.

I want the solution for PR, moving and standard price behavior i know.

I want to solution to handle this requirement in PR only.

Regards