cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDR Steps to create new object types

Former Member
0 Kudos

We set a demo instance of the PDR tool here and it all works well.. I would now like to add purchase info records as an object that can be sequenced with all other master data like materials, material boms, variant class and ecms in a config folder. I know that new function modules would need be created but was wondering there was a document with steps expaining the entire procedure for doing this or if any other company has yet tried this with the tool.. It allows for the creation of new objects for the packet but would like to have some sort of guideline to follow if possible.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Mr Thorne,

I knew there are some SAP Consultants that know how to implement a new object type. And there is a project together with the german army that expands the PDR with several object types.

But you have to pay attention. The PDR consists of two main parts . The FOX - Frame work of Explosion and the UPS - Uniform Packaging Service.

Creating a new Object type that can be "shipped" has to be in the UPS - BUT - if you are using the transaction CRWBD that new object type will not be found if you are exploding a baseline. That is the task of the FOX.

And to add a new Object type into the FOX would be harder than add it into the UPS.

I think the Consulting solution, uses a FOX exit to add that object into the UPS after the FOX-Run.

I you need further information please contact SAP consulting (PLM).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus,

my team and I have been tasked with creating a prototype deployed DFPS server. We plan to use a force element as the top object to be deployed, via the PDR. Unfortunately for us not too many others have done this type of setup. I'm searching for a copy of a guide(cookbook) on setting up the configuration(ALE), PDR/FOX/UPS and re-synchronizing back to the central instance.

We are ECC 6.0 with DFPS, DIMP.

Do you know if a guide or sample exists?