Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change item category in delivery

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a basic question but till now I have not found answer for it.

In transaction 0184 (data table: T184L) I maintained several delivery item categories (both default and manula entries) for the suitable delivery type / ItcG / Usg. / Itmc combination.

My aim is to be able to change the delivery item category in VL01N / VL02N - to change it generally, and especially after getting packaging material items when I create HU for the main item.

The problem is that the item category field is not editable.

How can I change the item category, which settings have to be carried out to make that field editable?

Thanks,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 22, 2009 9:19 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the delivery is based on a sales order then the sales order item cat will get copied in delivery and i think it will be greyed out

To change this i think in the delivery type in OVLK order reqd field maintain blank and try

If that field is maintained blank i think the settings in t code 0184 will get the preference

Please post the feed back

Regards

Raja

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your answer.

Even if I create delivery w/o order reference (standard delivery type: LO) the result is the same: the item category is greyed out, it is not editable.

This is valid for all kind of items (NORM, VERP).

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 22, 2009 10:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba Szommer ,

This is based on item category determination for deliveries that you carry out. The item category is carried out from Order, if an order item or Schedule line item is copied into delivery then item category is also copied. Since it is copied from preceding document the item category is greyed out.

For Deliveries without order references the item category is determined based on item category group to a delivery type.

I haven't tried please check by removing the activation indicator for "Sched line allowed" in Item category details screen (VOV7)

NOTE: Please Check the help notes for Item Category determination of deliveries, it might give u an insight.

IMG --> LE --> Shipping --> Deliveries --> Define Item Category determination of deliveries

Regards

Sathya

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you create delivery referencing sale order, item category will come in non editable mode only and you cannot change this in delivery. If you want to change the item category where you are creating delivery referencing sale order, then in copy control VTLA, for the field "Item data", whatever routine you maintain there, you have to add a logic in such a way that item category should not be considered while referencing a preceding document.

On the other hand, if you create delivery directly, you can change the item category which I have tested it and found working.

Actually when you create delivery without referencing a sale order, you should key in ship to party, material code, quantity and item category you want to maintain and then only, you should hit the "Enter" key. Before changing the item category, if you hit the Enter key, then by default whatever settings you have in 0184, that will flow. Of course, for changing also, you should maintain the respective item category under the tab "MItC"

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

Thanks for your feedback.

Subject of this thread is not how item category determiantion works, I would like to know how can I change the delivery item category that is determined by SAP.

It is possible to maintain manual item category in T184 - how can I use it in the delivery document?

Thanks,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 22, 2009 11:15 AM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laksmipathi,

Thanks for your explanation.

As I understand you are saying that I can change the item category in the delivery document only before pushing enter (in case of new entry) - after the enter it is not possible. My experience is the same.

In our scenario we pack the main item in HUs and a new delivery item is generated automatically for packaging material. We would like to change its item category manually, but as I understand this is not possible in standard system, maybe trough a user exit.

Thanks,

Csaba

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba Szommer

First of all thank you very much for rising this qn as it this a valuable information passed on

Mr.Lakshmipathi pointed out in his reply the second paragarph when you create delivery without referencing order after inputting the material qty and before entering if you input the

manual item category of yours the system accepts provided that is defined in table 0184

After hitting ENTER it greys out

That means the user also has to input item cat also with material which is illogical and much much different to sales order behaviour which we need to know why?

If you get further updates or links on the same why it happens so please update us also

Regards

Raja

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP AG confirmed our experience:

- Automatically determined item category can be changed only by user exit (OSS note 415716; user exit: MV50AFZ1)

- Item category for manually entered delivery item (e.g. delivery w/o SO reference) can be given (manually), but after hitting enter key no changes are possible.

Thanks for your help,

Csaba

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the updation which is very much appreciated.

Answers (0)