cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Training

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a new BPS development project and we are having discussions on the "best approach" for end user training. Some folks want to create a new training client on our current dev BW box which I disagree with. It seems to me we should just train on our Q box and just limited access thru creating a new info area. Any feedback or suggestion will be rewarded !

Thanks

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

On most of my projects, we tend to train out of the QA box since it has good or better data and very few projects have a separate BW training server. Some coordination is required to make sure heavy testing is not occuring during training since lock and performance can be issues.

In BW, you cannot create a new client like you can in R/3. You need to install another instance.

Hope this helps,

Mary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard

I 100% agree with you. In fact you could do user training in DEV box it self. You create separate objects for training copying from your original objects so that they won't destrub any of your development. Also as you said you could do it in QA Box in the same way.

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Its always mentioned to do user training on BW QA for better(quality of data) reports while doing training.

Also talk to your security guy to setup userids for the user training and make sure all of them are assigned proper roles based on their business role

Hope this helps

-Doodle

Message was edited by: Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We had the same discussion we agreed that Qa is the best choice.

We alway's do training on the Qa box.

I think that creating a new client is to complex & can be confusing for the users.

Reg's

Edan