cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping b/w one sender and many receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have one field(geographic location) at sender side and have corresponding four fields(Area,region,sub region and territory) at the receiver side.

Can i map this one sender field to these four receiver fields by using structure mapping.

Please help me out.

Thanks

Veeru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can do that. If all the 4 target fields data is coming in source field than you can use substring standard function and get the data for the four target fields.

Regards,

Shweta

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am getting the following error in mapping. " Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_MDMToBW_Reporting_; com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException:Content is not allowed in prolog.</SAP:Stack> "

Anyone,pls help me out.

Thanks

Veeru

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to map the same value as the sender field (geographic location) in target field then just directly map it to target.

if you need to get specific part of sender field(geographic location) to target You need to perform some operations on sender field, before you mapped it to target.

check the following mapping case.

1. geographic location --->Area ( If Require: Use SubString Standard function To fetch the Area) 

2. geographic location --->region ( Use SubString Standard function To fetch the Region)

3.geographic location --->sub region (same as above) 

4. geographic location ---> territory(same as above)

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

have one field(geographic location) at sender side and have corresponding four fields(Area,region,sub region and territory) at the receiver side.

if the source field occur only one time then u cannot use the copyValue func

then u can write UDF TO SPLIT if ur geographic location is coming as fields seperated with ","

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes u can map the field...

If u want the same value then just do one to one mapping.

If u want like country " ABCD" A goes in filed 1, B in 2, c in 3, d in 4 then use substring or write a UDF between the one to one mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes u can use using copyValue std function 
[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b9/bc8c4037fba62be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]
 a link to guide u how to use that function

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you can. you can always map a source field to N number of target fields.

But you cant map N number of source fields to the same target field unless you have a condition

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Veeru Says..

>>Can i map this one sender field to these four receiver fields by using structure mapping.

You can map one source field to any number of receiver fields you want....

Regards,

Madan Agrawal

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viru,

You can map this.

You wnt the same content to 4 target fields or what? Can you be more clear.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By simply dragging the source field to the sequential target fields.