Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Event not triggering for SWEC entry (MM_SERVICE) on create

Hi All,

I have been trying to trigger a customised event for BUS2009 based on creation of the Change Object MM_SERVICE. I have created an entry in SWEC as follows:

- Change Doc Object: MM_SERVICE

- Object Cat : BOR

- Object Type: BUS2009

- On Create

(no field conditions)

However, the event does not seem to publish upon an insert of ESUH-SUMLIMIT (Overall Limit on the Purchase Req - a field in Change Object MM_SERVICE), as I am not seeing the event in SWEL. Please note I have also tried to do this with field conditions in SWEC, but to no avail.

Alternatively, I have tried to setting the Change Doc config via SWU_EWCD, however, it comes back with an error message saying "No change document object for business object type BUS2009" - I believe this might have to do with the incompatibility of the key structures between MM_SERVICE and BUS2009. We have written a function module to overcome this problem and placed same in SWEC, which is why the (BUS2009) event is currently publishing for "on change" of MM_SERVICE - is there any way around this?

On the other hand, the event will publish OK if the SWEC entry is amended to "ON CHANGE" (with field conditions) - upon changing the value of ESUH-SUMLIMIT, not insert/create.

Would anyone be able to kindly advise how I can get the event to publish upon "ON CREATE" as well?

Thanks in advance.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question