cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event not triggering for SWEC entry (MM_SERVICE) on create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been trying to trigger a customised event for BUS2009 based on creation of the Change Object MM_SERVICE. I have created an entry in SWEC as follows:

- Change Doc Object: MM_SERVICE

- Object Cat : BOR

- Object Type: BUS2009

- Event: RELEASEDREQCHANGED

- On Create

(no field conditions)

However, the event does not seem to publish upon an insert of ESUH-SUMLIMIT (Overall Limit on the Purchase Req - a field in Change Object MM_SERVICE), as I am not seeing the event in SWEL. Please note I have also tried to do this with field conditions in SWEC, but to no avail.

Alternatively, I have tried to setting the Change Doc config via SWU_EWCD, however, it comes back with an error message saying "No change document object for business object type BUS2009" - I believe this might have to do with the incompatibility of the key structures between MM_SERVICE and BUS2009. We have written a function module to overcome this problem and placed same in SWEC, which is why the (BUS2009) event is currently publishing for "on change" of MM_SERVICE - is there any way around this?

On the other hand, the event will publish OK if the SWEC entry is amended to "ON CHANGE" (with field conditions) - upon changing the value of ESUH-SUMLIMIT, not insert/create.

Would anyone be able to kindly advise how I can get the event to publish upon "ON CREATE" as well?

Thanks in advance.

~Andy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

For the Event Linkage you will require some change object type.

The Problem is in Event Linkage.Do one thing delete that event and recreate it through event creation wizard there select any Change Document type.

The Path is

Tools->Business Workflow->Development->Definition Tools->Events->Event Creation->Set Up with wizard->Change Document.

After that go to SWEC and then to Field Restriction there selcet new entries give the change document no object type and event and Press Enter your event will be linked to the Object.

Do the linkage through this wizard and then select the event i am sure it will work.

Regards

Manjari Patankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried using SWU_EWCD. The first piece of information I put in is Object Type BUS2009.

However, it comes back with the following message after I hit the continue button:

No change document object for business object type BUS2009

Message no. WA160

Diagnosis

You want to create an event linkage for a business object type with a change document object. However, no compatible change document object is available for the specified business object type.

Please note I have deleted the entry out of SWEC before attempting the above.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

~Andy

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You created an event, But you have to configure it to Trigger the event. There are different ways to trigger the event. Refer these [Link1|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7219] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; & [Link2|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e06f2480-02de-2a10-72af-eed9a513a6c6] and you will get an Idea about it.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response Surjith.

However, I believe the above setup in SWEC is already configured for the purpose of triggering the event. The customised event in BUS2009 (RELEASEDREQCHANGED) is linked to the Change Document Object MM_SERVICE via "on create" in SWEC - it's just that there are no events coming up in SWEL

I have exactly the same config setup for RELEASEDREQCHANGED, MM_SERVICE via "on change" - and this is working perfectly fine (ie. I can see the event in SWEL whenever there is a change in any of the restricted fields of MM_SERVICE).

My understanding is that upon "on create" (in SWEC), it is not necessary to set up field restrictions in order to publish the event. In any case, I have tried to trigger the event both with and without any field restrictions, none of which came up with any event when a field in MM_SERVICE has been inserted. This is the reason why I tried SWU_EWCD instead, however, due to the incompatibility in the key structure between BUS2009 and MM_SERVICE, the transaction did not allow me to complete the setup.

Is there any way around this?

Many thanks.

~ Andy