Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Need to report Search Statistics from TREX

Our business unit has requirements for index search reporting from TREX and I have been unable to find a way to accomplish this.

Specifically, they need:

Report #1 - Create a report by date range that displays what words or phrases were searched on, in descending order.

Report #2 - Create a report by date range that displays words or phrases that were searched on where No results where found.

Report #3 - Create a report by date range that displays words or phrases that were found but the user did not click on the page (abandoned search).

I have been told that to produce such a report will require in-house development effort and that we would have to up the logging level of the trace files to obtain the required data. I have raised the logging level to "3" using TREX admin, and the verbosity of the tracefiles has increased, but I see no data that would be useful in providing the necessary statistics.

Does anyone have any information that might help?

Thanks

- Paul

replied

Hi Paul,

Note 937055 Analysis search requests using python script describes a solution based on a Python script for analysing the search queryies.

The source code of the script explaines the approach on TREX level. However, for Report #3, additionally user information is necessary which is not available on TREX level.

Kind regards,

Roland

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question