Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast based planning

former_member205362
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to implement the forecast based planning, I have configured the required setting and historical data required to forecast.

Now I am running the MRP for the material, MRP type is defined as PD (material requirement planning) and the lot size as EX (lot for lot order quantity). For example the forecast for the period is generated as 384 PCS for my material, but after MRP run it is generating the PR for 284 PCS only. Even though my stocks are ZERO.

Can any one guide me on above said issue?

Thanks in advance,

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member796452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear

i have new system which is not having any historical data.

i wanan go for forcast based planning so historical data is necessary

plz guide me how can i load historical data to system and if some more things are requirede plz let me know

former_member205362
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear rahul,

To get the consumption history you have to do the following steps.....

1. First extend your material to forcast views.Give the appropriate setting for forecast.

2. then system automatically fill the consumption history, if u r material consumed for current and previous months.

3.If your material is not consumed for earlier months and u would like to add the consumption history.

4. You can add manually or automatically.

Before you carry out the forecast for a material, the following prerequisites must be fulfilled:

 You must have maintained the forecast parameters in the material master.

 You must have determined the period for which the system is to carry out the forecast. You do this by defining the period indicator in the material master.

 For each material, the forecast can be carried out on either a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, or alternatively, according to accounting period.

 You must already have determined how the system is to select the forecast model.

 This can either be done manually by the RP controller or automatically by the system.

 In the case of automatic model selection, you must make sure that the required numbers of historical values are available; the number required varies depending on the forecast model selected.

 If no historical values were entered when creating the material master, you must carry out manual model initialization.

Before carrying out the forecast, you also have the possibility of revising a material's historical values which are normally automatically updated by the system during withdrawal postings.

On the one hand, you can achieve this by doing one of the following;

 Manually changing the values in the material master by means of the correction values

 On the other hand, you can reduce the number of periods to be taken into consideration by limiting the number of historical values in the material master. This means that not all of the historical values are used for the forecast, and instead, only the number of values that you enter.

 Consumption values not determined by the SAP System can be maintained directly with the following exception.

 Consumption values for the period in which the material was created as well as in the previous period. These periods can only be influenced by consumption postings for the respective period.

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried with MRP type VV?

Pls chk this

Thnaks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

former_member205362
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello Kundan Kumar,

thanks for your valuable reply, i have cahnged the MRP type to VV and again run the MRP, but still the problem persist.

But by inputting VV as mrp type, i find some extra tab (total consumption) in MRP run, there i come to know that in consumtion i put the 100 pcs for the month of april. So it reducing, 100 qty in MRP run. When i remove the quantity from consumption history, it is now generating the PR for forecast qty.

thanks a lot my problem is solved.

Regards,

ganesh

Edited by: Ganesh Kumar Parthasarathy on Apr 23, 2009 6:51 AM

former_member205362
Active Participant
0 Kudos

solved....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesh,

In your forecast based planning VV MRP type, is your system looking at external requirements..like new sales orders..and so on? or are you just buying or producing to the forecasted requirements?

Thanks

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check any other parameters you have given like Max lot size etc...

Thanks and Regards,

Satish

former_member205362
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello satish,

we have used Maximum Lot Size as 0 and procurement type(F).

former_member205362
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

can any one guide me, issue is vital.

thanks,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am afraid that we need, at least, a copy of your MD04 screen for the material. Additional information of MRP views, as displayed in MD04 , will also be helpful.....

Regards