cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSBBS Web Address jump to iView using same window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I’m trying to use a RSBBS Web Address (Report-Report Interface RRI, Jump to Target, Report Goto link) to jump to a portal iView. This works fine except that it opens the iView (with portal header and detailed navigation) in a new window. This is not what we need. We wish to jump to the target iView within the same browser window while retaining the portal header and detailed navigation (updated to the place where the iView is located in the Navigation).

I’ve tried coding the jump to using Javascript command SAPBWSetOpenerUrl. This opens the target iView in the same browser window but unfortunately also opens a duplicate Header and Detailed Navigation in the Content Area. This means that the Header and Detailed navigation is repeated (duplicated) every time a jump is called. This is not what we would like.

How is it possible to setup a Jump to Web Address and open the iView in the same browser window without being contained within the content area? Is there a way to “break out” of the Content Area Frame and update the entire page?

Any help on this is very much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

this is no setting in transaction RSBBS but in the web template.

Check your setting for the parameter "Show jump target in" in the web template properties of the first web template. Try to set this parameter to "_SELF" and it should work.

Greetings,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

This is something I had tried and yes you are correct that that when jumping from query to web template (with this setting in the web template) then the target report does open in the same window as the requesting report.

But this is something different to my post in this forum. My post in this forum is about using the Jump to Web Address specifying a portal iView (which runs the target report web template). This works fine when opening a new window. But when triggering to open in the same window (using the JavaSript) command then the target report opens in the sending report content area. This means the portal top level and detailed navigation is repeated.

fyi. I raised Service Marketplace ticket about this. "Message Number 0120025231 0000401182 2006 RSBBS Web Address jump to iView using same window.". I've received a response to my ticket. The response was that what I can trying to achieve is not supported at the present time and that if this is required a development request should be raised for this.

Pity. It looks like I am pushing the boundaries in the integration between BI 7.0 and EP 6.0. Hopefully this becomes possible in a future release.

br, Matthew

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

In our application , we are also trying to call an iview but we also have the requirement that we need to filter the iview with certain parameters.

Can you please tell me the syntax to implement this.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With JavaScript function EPCM.doNavigate, it is possible to code in the sending report

web template an additional link in the context menu pointing to a portal iView.

This runs the target web template and query.

So far, I've only managed to successfully pass one characteristic into the target report.

Here follows example code:

<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">

var dim = "0COMP_CODE";

SAPBWAddToMenu("Portal Navigation with Parameter","myMenuProcessor","1","

CHARACTERISTIC_VALUE",dim,"X","BOTTOM","","");

function myMenuProcessor(parameter,cell_type,filter,parameter1,parameter2,item,dataprovider,x,y)

{ switch (parameter) {

case "1":

parent.EPCM.doNavigate('ROLES://portal_content/com.ericsson.Ericsson/com.ericsson.BW/

com.ericsson.Pages/com.ericsson.wpf_fin_sox/com.ericsson.wpp_fin_sox_12008&

DynamicParameter=FILTER_IOBJNM%3D' + dim + '%26FILTER_VALUE%3D' + parameter1);

break;

}

}

</SCRIPT>

The characteristic being passed is this example is OCOMP_CODE.

The string "ROLES://portal_content/com.ericsson.Ericsson/com.ericsson.BW/

com.ericsson.Pages/com.ericsson.wpf_fin_sox/com.ericsson.wpp_fin_sox_12008"

is the full path to the

target iView as found in the portal role containing the report.

DynamicParameter contains the characteristic object name and filter value being

passed into the target report.

Hope this explains it for you.

If you can get the function to send more than one characteristic then please let me

know because I would like to do this as well.

best regards, Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do this as given below

DynamicParameter=FILTER_IOBJNM_1%3D' + dim1 + '%26FILTER_VALUE_1%3D' + parameter1 + %26FILTER_IOBJNM_2%3D' + dim2 + '%26FILTER_VALUE_2%3D' + parameter2.

See attached documentation..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/234f94cad30d27e10000000a1553f7/content.htm