Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Transaction Management MDM Java API

I guess if you are updating data in MDM repository using MDM Java API, it's necessary to have Transaction Management MDM Java API.

Here is the scenario, Let's I want to add a Master record to MDM repository (Vendor). This record is having Lookup table field (Account Group) value that does not exist in Lookup table Account Groups.

So I would like to first add record into the Account Groups Lookup table and then add the Master record to Vendors table. I would like both updates to be successful then only commit or rollback the update to repository.

Alternately, I can check the return code/status of 1st update then accordingly do the 2nd update or issue delete 1st record update (to simulate rollback).

However this mimicking transaction rollback won't guarantee 100% rollback, because deleting 1st record update might fail.

I think it's necessary to define this unit of work as a Transaction and control it.

If there is another way to add a record to Main table and Lookup/Qualified/Hierarchy table simultaneously then there is no need of Transaction.

Abhay

Tags:
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question