Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconciliation Ledger: New GL

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on ECC 6.0. While doing the overhead cost calculation for a production order, system is giving an error that reconciliation ledger substitution is not activiate and no settlement GL found for few secondary cost elemenet. In the error, system is taking to T Code OK17. My understanding is that if new GL is active, there is a real time integration between CO & FI. Any data, which flows from CO is posted to primary cost element in FI. However, when we do an overhead cost calculation, system will credit the cost center and debit the production order. In such a case, it should not generate any FI posting. Why, is the error happening and system asking for configuration in OK17, when real time integration is active in system?

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With real time integration you need to define mirror FI posting accounts even for secondary cost elements in CO. Due to this FI and CO would always be reconciled. The substitution needs to be defined so as to e.g repalce first digit of cost element with a particular digit for FI account.

These FI accounts can be grouped in offsetting balance accounts which do not appear in balance sheet.

So in your case even for overhead cost calculation the mirror FI account substitution needs to be defined.

Refer the link below for detailed concept,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/29/830e405c538f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you are saying "Any data, which flows from CO is posted to primary cost element in FI". Thats not totally correct. FI does not use cost elements but account numbers. In case of secondary cost elements FI/CO online integration tries to use the corresponding account number, the mapping form secondary cost element to acc. number is done in OK17.

Your particular case of (actual) overhead calculation with cost center / production order involved uses a secondary cost element for CO posting. This can cause a change in a document split characteristic (profit center, business ares, segment,...) or in the functional area (maybe your cost center is assigned to functional area "administration" the production order to "production"). Every change in a document split characteristic / functional area will cause a FI / CO online integration posting, which requires OK17 settings.

BR Christian

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

I have maintained the account setermination under OK17. I agree that for real time CO-FI postings, we need to assign a GL account for posting through Secondary cost element. However, my issue is even after assigning the GL account under CO1 in T Code FBKP, system is asking for Substitution rule. Why do we need to use a Substitution rule?

Regards

Sanil Bhandari