Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import RFC without direct access to ERP

luscruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to import a RFC to my web dynpro project.

I can only logon to ECC using a vmware machine, where my user don't have rights to install NWDS.

Is there any way to import it?

For example: In Web Services we can import a wsdl file stored in our computer. Is it possible download the metadata of the RFC to a file and then import in NWDS?

Thanks,

Luis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

luscruz
Participant
0 Kudos

NWDS was installed on virtual machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create a webservice for your object and you can use it ,

Cheers,

Apparao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No that isnt an option available for RFC's. You mentioned that ECC is installed on a virtual mahhine in a VM Ware environment. As far as my understanding of VM Ware is, you can access the services installed on a virtual machine even from the network, provided the network interfaces of the virtual interface are configured correctly. Have a look at that and hopefully you should be able to import the RFC the way it is supposed to be done.

Good Luck!

luscruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to both!

I believe web service, like Apparao said, is the only option.

murali krishna: The ECC is not on the VMWare. Let me explain better...

- ESS and Portal are installed on client's network

- In our office i can connect that network only by a virtual machine (it's only allowed for a IP range)

- In my laptop i have a different IP range, and the only way to connect to this client is with vmware, using that virtual machine.

Other possible solutions may be:

- have some kind of proxy that enables me to do that. (i need to check with my system administrator if that's possible)

- install the NWDS on the virtual machine (don't have that permissions and doesn´t have enough space)

I didn't want to use Web Services, since Portal and ECC are both connected with JCo Connectors and all the other scenarios are based on JCo.