Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In update task option with class methods ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case, I have written a BADI and in it's method I will be updating a custom table. In the earlier approach I was updating the custom table in a function module which was invoked in update task as

CALL FUNCTION 'Z_XXX'

IN UPDATE TASK

EXPORTING

Do we have a similar update task concept w.r.t class methods ? So that whatever i have written in the FM I will copy into the method but that code must execute in update task !!

thks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think we have similar option using class methods.. can you please tell us when this BADI is triggered ?

my suggestion would be you can call the same function module inside the method instead of writing the whole code .

method update.

call function in update task.......

endmethod.

Regards,

KK

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think we have similar option using class methods.. can you please tell us when this BADI is triggered ?

my suggestion would be you can call the same function module inside the method instead of writing the whole code .

method update.

call function in update task.......

endmethod.

Regards,

KK

0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna, I too thought of the same initially but this looks like too many layers involved...

BTW, I came across a document in SAP help,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/fa/f23c15330411d5992100508b6b8b11/content.htm

Any idea on this ? Will this be of any help ?

thks