cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical file paths invisible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can any 1 share their views on why excialty Logical file paths & Logical file names are used.

From last 2 days we are facing an issue on our PRD system.

In our case Logical file paths & Logical file names are used for interfacing external Application programs.

The files are processed & sent either Inbound or Outbound.

Apparently, The Logical file paths(2 of them) which was visible earlier is now invisible. The reason for this is unknown. But the Interface functions still work well.

Is there a reason why its invisible suddenly? Can it be made visible again or do we need to create new ones?

Tx-code FILE is used for "Logical file path definition"

Please suggest,

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

with a similar problem another thread... if it can help

Regards,

Debasis

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you working with Puneeth?... This looks to me as a new way of Cross posting.

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup am working with Punnet. But nothing like cross posting.... Both are trying to get solution as soon as possible. I am posting in all forums where all i can.

Edited by: Ravi Kumar on Apr 22, 2009 3:09 PM

Edited by: Ravi Kumar on Apr 22, 2009 3:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Am closing this post. Really i dint know that the same Gurus will be working on different groups.

Sorry for this. Will work with Punnet's post on this issue.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Logical file paths(2 of them) which was visible earlier is now invisible. The reason for this is unknown. But the Interface functions still work well

I think you might have a procedure issue more than invisible paths.... usually for example if you want to check the assignment of the Physical paths to Logical paths you first have to select the logical path and the click on the assignment.

Hope that helps

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Can any 1 share their views on why excactly Logical file paths & Logical file names are used.

Logical paths and files are very useful for 2 reasons.

You can write abap programs independant from the OS, you can even have different OS in the same system. For example the CI server onh Unix and the app servers on Windows.

On windows, it is also very useful to have paths independant of the environment (DEV, QAS, PRD) because you can use variables.

Example you can use this kind of syntax :

<P=SAPMSHOST>\SAP_IN\<SYSID>_<CLIENT>\DIR1\DIR2\<FILENAME>

For the "invisible paths", I have absolutely no idea because all my logical paths have never disapeared until someone deleted them.

Regards,

Olivier