Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 3.5 Security question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't know if I'm in the correct area, but I have a security question about BW 3.5. I'm a BW developer with very limited security experience. I've created a new cube, and a new report from that cube. In my development enviroment, when I run this report I get an error:

Warning Your user master record is not sufficiently maintained for object Plant

Then the report comes back with no authorization.

Here's the kicker - the report is an exact copy of another report (from another cube), and I can run that other report just fine. We have an authorization object on 0PLANT, and I've included the authorization variable in my BEx query. My guess is that the security issue is around the new cube, but I'm not sure. I do not have an in-house security resource to go to, so I'm coming here for help. Can anyone offer suggestions on how to diagnose and solve this issue?

Thanks.

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

You said you are having authorization object of 0PLANT , Hope you got the authorization object checked in RSSM for the Infocube. If you remove the check you can run the report..

But if u feel u need authorization object to be enabled then you need to have role of 0Plant authorization object in your ID. Check if u got the role assigned to ur id.

Hope u might have to develop new role for the New Cube and assigned for u r ID.

hope its clear

Regards,

Geetha

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please click on warning message it will gives you what are the values are missing.

If possible send that details or we have to generate that auth object in t-code RSSM (to sync with your user master record)

Please confirm if it helps.

Cheers,

Jagan

0 Kudos

Thanks, Jagan, but that doesn't work in the BEx, it just highlights the message and then sits there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

You said you are having authorization object of 0PLANT , Hope you got the authorization object checked in RSSM for the Infocube. If you remove the check you can run the report..

But if u feel u need authorization object to be enabled then you need to have role of 0Plant authorization object in your ID. Check if u got the role assigned to ur id.

Hope u might have to develop new role for the New Cube and assigned for u r ID.

hope its clear

Regards,

Geetha

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide the details in running RSSM checks in BW3.5. I have tried many times but unable to get a trace result.

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured it out - thanks everyone for your assistance.

0 Kudos

what did you identify as the problem, and what was your solution?