cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Email Addresses in Mail Adapter in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having trouble populating email addresses in the structure and sending them. I have a source and target structure. The target structure should be sent as a mail attachment. I have created the external defintion of the mail attributes from the blog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1361. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] Now my message mapping is multi-mapping. Its 1: 2 messages. And my operation mapping also has one source and 2 target interfaces. Now in Interface determination I gave the same mapping and both the messages showed up. But when I execute the scenario, its giving a mapping error, though its working in ESR. Can anybody please help me out here.

Please do not send me links to

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure or /people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i .

Thanks,

Geetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tested the Interface Mapping also? Try it to check if you have provided correct occurrences to the messages involved.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I did. But the problem is my Idoc has comes with the standard XML format. But in the message mapping the structure follows the hierarchy

<ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge">

<ns0:Message1>

<INVOIC02>

So not sure if this can be a problem? If it is what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks,

Geetha

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This shouldnt be a problem. Your sender side message/payload should start from

<INVOIC02>

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got my message through, but there is an error in the Runtime workbench Mail adapter.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error: invalid XIMailAdapter channel 'b87aecdd58f43398b5732cbd380ec1be'

Does anybody have any idea about this?

Thanks,

Geetha

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: 
Error: invalid XIMailAdapter channel

This problem is answered in this thread:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found the solution in the blog. /people/samuel.chandrasekaran2/blog/2008/10/06/xi-mail-adapter-dynamically-building-attachment-and-message-body-content-using-a-simple-udf

Thanks,

Geetha