cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit in Inactive DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have configured NWDI and NWDS in our environment.

NWDS version is 7.0.18.

DI_CBS 7.00 SP12

DI_CMS 7.00 SP12

DI_DTR 7.00 SP12

SAP_BUILDT 7.00 SP12

I have successfully checked in the software components and then imported them in Development system using NWDI.

The import was shown successful in NWDI.

Later, I have imported the configuration in NWDS.

I can see all the imported software component in ACTIVE DC area.

But when I click on INACTIVE DC (editable mode) area in NWDS, it just show the track created by me (NO DCs).

All the software component imported from NWDI is in read only mode in NWDS.

I do not see any DC in editable mode (INACTIVE DC), so that we can edit it.

However, when I click on the track created in NWDS, I get the option to Create New DC, but the requirement is to edit the existing DC.

Please let me know how we can get the DCs in editable mode in INACTIVE DC area in NWDS.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Any suggestion and help is much appreciated

Regards,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Can you please share those documents to me...I am also working with ISA setup with CRM 2007 and not able to find SC for CRM 6.0...in NWDI track.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Vinod Bhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar problem;

I have created a product and a seperate namespace abc.com.

I can see only the DCs under abc.com in the inactive DCs section.

I am able to see the sap.com namespace DCs in the Active DCs section, but not in the InactiveDCs section.

How can the sap.com DCs be seen under the InactiveDCs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally there are no inactive versions of SAP DCs, hence they are not there. If you need to reference them as used DCs you need to select them from the list of Active DCs.

If you want to modify SAP DCs you must make sure your track definition indicates this.

Edited by: Pascal Willemsen on May 19, 2009 11:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave/Yaswanth,

nothing much to worry regarding this. First thing is we cannot modify files in InActive DCs tab. Give me your ids i will send a spoon feed document blindly follow that.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil for the response.

My ID is hotboy25d @ yahoo.com...without space (all one word)

Please do send the docs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I am unable to send document, delivery failed.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which DC(s) are you trying to edit? Did the SCA's that you imported contain the sources for these DCs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for your response.

I am trying to edit the components like:

CRM JAVA APPLICATIONS 6.0

CRM JAVA COMPONENTS 6.0

CRM JAVA WEB COMPONENTS 6.0

SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES 7.00

SAP SHARED JAVA APPLIC. 6.0

SAP SHARED JAVA COMPONENTS 6.0

SAP SHARED WEB COMPONENTS 6.0

In particluar SAP SHARED WEB COMPONENTS 6.0 and CRM JAVA APPLICATIONS 6.0 as these components contains the B2B and B2C DCs.

We have to change the existing code using NWDS for a B2C scenario to incorporate PDF availibility.

But in NWDS all the components are in read only mode in ACTIVE DC area, we can drill down and see all the compoents successsfully imported.

But when we click on INACTIVE DC tab I do not see any components there.

The only thing I see is my track which enables me to create a new DC.

We want to edit the existing code, to achieve this we want the software components in editable mode in INACTIVE DC area, this is not the case right now.

I will appreciate your help and suggestion to get his fixed.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that the SC's you want to modify are listed as Software Components for Development in your track definition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

Thanks for all your help.

I reconfigured the entire thing.

I worked on your suggestion.

That worked!!!! I was able to see all the software components in Inactive DCs. They are in editable mode.

Since we want to modify the software components pertaining to SAP CRM B2C.

1) What is the correct way of identifying the SCA files need to be modified? (I got the list of Software components from one of my fellow colleague...I was wondering what if he was not there)

2) I was given to understand that some Software Components like BUILDT, JTECH, JEE are standard components and cant be modified.

Some other software components that cannot be modified are:

STRUTS.sca

SAP-IPCMSA.sca

SAP-CRMJAV.sca

SAP-SHRJAV.sca

IS IT TRUE? How can I validate?

3) How will one can find the software components that cannot be modified? Do I have to go to SAP and ask?

4) In many NWDI guides, I found that they work on software component CUSTCRMPRJ, but I could not locate this files in our CRM server and neither in the SAP service MarketPlace. Is CUSTCRMPRJ an SCA file or is it created as new Software Component in SLD?

I will appreciate all your help in this regard. You have been a great help!

Thanks in advance

Dave