Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading where clauses to SPUMG table splitting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can use the R3ta program to create where clauses for Unicode table splitting. The SPUMG table splitting function has the option to upload an "scd" format file. Is there a program to convert the text files containing the where clauses output by R3ta to the "scd" files needed by the upload function of SPUMG table splitting? We have quite a number of tables to split. (I know that the double quotes in the WHERE clauses created by R3ta are a problem in SPUMG table splitting, but that is easy to fix in the test files).

1 REPLY 1

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Unfortunately I do not know about such tool ...

However I would question whether you want to transfer table splitting 1:1 from r3ta to SPUMG ...

In the standard scenario, SPUMG runs during uptime - this usually restricts the number of batch jobs available for the SPUMG due to performance reasons.

Therefore concentrating on maybe the 20 largest tables (especially the cluster tables) makes sense in most cases.

Also if for example the SPUMG jobs run overall 2 days and a SPUMG batch job on a specific table runs 1,5 days (without splitting), then I doubt that a table split gives much advantage - you just should make sure that the according batch job runs from the start ...

Please note that table splitting always also means additional load ...

I admit that for a TU&UC scenario in case you have massive CPU power on the Twin system things might be different ...

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

Solution Management

Globalization Services

SAP AG