cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to create cube on t-code from R/3 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is one t-code in R/3 ZBDS.

Is it possible to create one simple basic cube with all the fileds this t-code shows and to load data in BW ?

Thanks,

KS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.You cant create Infocubes in R/3

2. t-code in R/3 ZBDS doesnt exist in R/3 system

Go to SE93 tcode-> give ZBDS tcode & check-> it is customised transaction code for performing any task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for reply.

Ashish - I dont want to create cube in R./3 - I am talking about creating cube in to BI 3.5

Also, yes it is custom t-code.

behind this t-code the abap program is also Z - Program which SCAN BDMS documents.

the abap program looks for BDS documents.

In t-code there are different tabs for Real estate objects, PM objects, Freight claims object etc.

each tab has fields like business entity, object key, document type, created by, created on, changed by, change on etc.

business want to create info cube on this fields.

is it possible ?

thanks,

KS

SumiKarmakar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keral,

BDS - Business Document Service . You can search for a document that has been stored using the Business Document Service (BDS).

different tabs for Real estate objects, PM objects, Freight claims object etc. are different areas mainatined in the document finder . Customization is done here :- In the IMG , choose SAP Web Application Server -> Basis Services -> SAP ArchiveLink -> Document Finder Customizing ->Register Document Areas and Create Aggregated Document Areas.

Check this out fo rore information.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/3e/8241421b35033be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

You say "In t-code there are different tabs for Real estate objects, PM objects, Freight claims object etc.

each tab has fields like business entity, object key, document type, created by, created on, changed by, change on etc. business want to create info cube on this fields.."

Do you want create reports on document finder?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

karmas,

business want the cube on those fields meant i think they want to produce report on those fields in BW.

any suggestion how can i do that in BW ?

thanks,

KS

SumiKarmakar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keral,

The document finder is itself a report which is derived by executing a class query at the backend that determines the search startegy.

If I understand correctly, the business is actually looking for information what are the objects created in each functional area. I haven't tried this yet , but I think you can create program that calls this class query to do extraction to the custom cube.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi karmas,

No business doesnt wanna see the object created by this. that info they are getting from R/3 and thats why we have the custom t-code.

what they need at BW side is reports which shows info created by, changed by, etc.. fields which i mentioned earlier. so basically to get that kind of report from ZBDS in BW i need to have infocube which populates those fields in BW from ZBDS.

any idea?

Thanks,

KS

SumiKarmakar
Participant
0 Kudos

try creating a program that calls this class query to do extraction to the custom cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you tell me how can i create program ? coz the t-code itself has abap program.

i need to create custom extracto who reads this program by which i can get data into bw.

can u give me step by step guide plz.

thanks,

ks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keral,

By step-by-step guide, I think you are expecting too much from forum members.

It is not clear whether you are new to BW, new to R/3 and ABAP, or both.

In order for data to come from R/3 to BW, there should be a DataSource in the R/3 system. A custom DataSource can be built on a table, view, InfoSet, or a function module. Since you have a tcode only, you have to determine how you can create a DataSource with what you have.

One solution is to develop a wrapper ABAP program which calls the tcode, takes the output and stores that data into a database table. Then you can create a DataSource on the table.

Another solution is to create a function module that executes the tcode, gathers the data, and send it to the DataSource. This is a complex solution. Search in the forums using the keywords "function module DataSource" and you may get some help.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sudhi,

thnanks for response. But if you think that "I am expecting too much from forum members" then you dont have to reply. I have not ask question to you personally.

yes, i am new to abap.

But looks like you are new to forum - coz when you said "One solution is to develop a wrapper ABAP program which calls the tcode" --> meant u didnt read my question properly or you didnt understand it.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

< No Flames Please else I will have to delete this thread and report the same >

Keral,

regarding your question ... please post the program if you can and then if possible someone can trace out the tables.

interpreting the previous answer :

All that you have given in the post is that you have a Z Tcode attached to a Z program that has a lot of tabs -- something similar - If you were given a Query Name ZSDN and it is based on ZSDNDATA cube - and asked you to replicate the same in your system - it would be humanely impossible to do so.

IMHO - Please give full details before you request for a step by step guide or atleast specify as to what you expect from the users also....

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

SumiKarmakar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keral,

ZBDS is a custom T-code as in some ABAPer /BI expert made it for internal purpose. Can you please specify the program that is run by this T-code?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The code you mentioend is customized one which starts with z. Can you please mention your exact requirement what needs to be done.

We create Generic data sources in R/3.

Reg

Pra

raghu_ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi keral,

As mentioned earler there is no such t.code in sap r/3 as u mentioned I dont think you can create a cube in sap r/3 because its an OLTP system and BW is an OLAP system which have large volumes of data so u create the cube in BW/BI.

regards,

raghu.

former_member200211
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keral Smith,

As per my knowledge i didnt find tcode called ZBDS. This is a Z tcode which might have been created for users purpose.

So it depends, for what functionality is this transaction created.

Thanks,

Lavanya.