Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy- releases of the export and import systems have to be identical

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I created a new client using the Remote Client Export \ import method (on the same system). The reason being is that I need a 2nd Test Client on the same system with a smaller data set for other testing purposes. As well as needing to re-import the same Testing Client after a future database restores from a different backup, and still needing the same small data set for testing after the restore whipped it out.

Now that the 2nd Clients data set has been used, I've been asked for a 3rd test client, the same as the 2nd originally was. (No problem I figured) So I created the 3rd Test Client (SCC4) and tried importing the same transport files as created the 2nd Test Client.

But I'm receiving the error message "Releases of the export and import systrems have to be identical".

I am on the same system as the originial client export was made from, so the SAP release is the same.

The only other thing I can think of is that we have imported some customizing transports from the Dev system into the original system since the export was taken.

Can anyone help? Is there anyway I can get this back?

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pritpal

The patch in note 1291394 fixed this particular SAP code error and I can now re-import mutliple times from one client export file.

But I'm sure others will appreciate the input.

Ken

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Solution found: Note 1291394 - ERROR : TA194 When performing multiple imports in the same client.

I've imported the note, run the report as per instructions and I can happily say the Import is now running. Although it does seem to be taking a lot longer than it did for the original import.

Ken