cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Invoice Control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With regards to duplicate invoice control, can anyone advise if they have found a method to ensure that invoices are not processed more than once? Current process in ECC is too rudimentary. Is there a way to configure the system such that it displays a list of both FV60 and MIRO invoices that are potential duplicates based on parameters such as Reference, Amount, Vendor, Name etc?

Any help here is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want to make it from warning to error message, you can restrict it.

Try to post a same invoice. The system gives a warning message, double click on the warning message. Note down the message number.

Then go to OBA5

Give the application area (alphabeticals in the message number is application area)

and give the message number and switch off the message for online and batch entries.

In case if the message is not available in OBA5, then go to OBMSG and add the message there, click on switch off button, then you come to OBA5 and switch off.

If you make this as error, in future, if you post the same invoice reference, the system will stop you. You need to keep that in mind.

Hope this will solve the purpose.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thansk a lot for your education Ravi. I forgot about this. I have tested it and it is working fine

Uma

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi we have a similar situation here.. duplicate check has been configured in vendor master and message type is changed to 'E' in transaction OBA5 (both for online and batch mode).

Things are working fine we try to create a invoice using FB60, however if we create invioce from EDI message to goes through and create duplicate invoice with same reference number.

Is there any config which direct EDI system to skip this setting?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not think so. Because if you make E, whether it is EDI or manual, the system calls the said transaction and checks for message control. Even through EDI also the same will be checked and stopped.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sap Note 394316 solved my problem

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Further to add to Vijay's reply.

Yes, you can make "Chk double inv." field in payment transactions of companycode data as required field. But, the limitation is, it will just gives WARNING message at the time of posting FB60 invoice (anyway it is not required for MIRO) saying check whether the invoice is already posted with xxxxxxxx invoice number. Here, system checks, vendor, reference field and amount before showing the warning message.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a standard process in SAP. In vendor master accounting view, check for "Double Invoice" under "Payment Transactions". This should work.

Bye

Vijay