cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyway I can call an RFC /BAPI program every 10 minutes?

I am working on a scenario where I should be able to call a BAPI program and then update an external Oracle Database. I know how it works on both sides but the question is about triggering the BAPI program execution.

Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must have defined your R/3 system in SLD(no extra settings required), create any ABAP program(SE38) in which you wrap your function module(SE37) and schedule it using SM37.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes thats what has been suggested-:) schedule program in R/3, which will trigger message in XI and so on.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any documentation on how to set up SAP R3 so that it can output the data to XI.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Option:

Just Create a Client ABAP Proxy - Inside the Proxy, call the RFC and populate the data into Proxy message and send this proxy into XI. From XI , send to Database.

So your scenario will be ABAP proxy->XI>DataBase.

You can schedule this proxy in the R/3.

Some blogs on this is

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm

These blogs will help you to develop the generate the Proxy, Schedule the ABAP report etc.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to write a program X that runs the RFC program in R3. How can the output reach XI?

The program X uses the TCP IP Destination I defined in R3 that uses the Program ID in SAP XI Sender Adapter. The Program ID is registered in the SAP R3.

But when I run the program X I do see message in Adapter Monitor but not the data. It looks like it is not running the program on SAP R3.

It looks like the triggering is not done right way.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

First of all just check with RFC - First go to SE37 and Execute the RFC directlty by providing proper values.

While executing it will ask RFC Target etc. So give the RFC destination(SM59 of R/3)TCP/IP entry over here. Now you check are you getting any message in SXMB_MONI.

If so, then try to execute thru ABAP Program which in turn executes the RFC right ?

And it is assumed that , RFC sender Adapter is configured properly with Program ID /system details.

Hope this helps,

regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get an error when I specify RFC Target and run the program.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your RFC destination. SM59->TCP/IP Connections and check with testing this connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFC resides on SAP R3. I am testing it from SE37 in SAP R3. The RFC Target is XIRFCADAPTER which uses the program id of the Sender RFC Adapter

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check this blog, it may be useful.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFC Destination works. That is fine. I am able to see a message coming to XI. But it does not contain any data. When you specify RFC Target does it mean that it is trying to run the Program on the XI box instead of R3. All I want is to send the result to SAP R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFC Destination Test works fine.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While testing the RFC, is it did not ask any data Values(Export Parameters)?? I assume that in the Sender Agreement you mentioned RFC as a Message Interface. If so check this in the SXMB_MONI and inbound Messages. Check for the data whatever given while testing the RFC

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First option is call a Wrapper Function from ABAP report and schedule the same.

If you want to trigger from XI, then develop a dummy File Interface and invoke the RFC .

Hope this helps,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wrap your BAPI or RFC program in ABAP program and schedule it after required time.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

You schedule the call from XI right. Is there How to Guide on this type of scenario.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can develop file to ABAP proxy scenario, and from the proxy you can call the RFC.

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/01/04/scheduling-messages-in-sap-xi

I think it is advisable to do in ABAP itself. Otherwise you need to any dummy scenarios to Schedule the RFC.

Regards

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I schedule a job in SAP R3 and the data gets delivered on SAP XI port and XI should be able to get the data to be sent to the external database.

Is it like using a Sender RFC Adapter - Receiver JDBC Adapter.