cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW Identity Management 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed the NW Identity Management 7.0 as per installation guide. Durring the installation of Management Console/ Runtime component, it should have crated a tree in MMC but it did not crated it. I completed all the intallation step now how do I start and stop and login to monitor.

Please let me know if I have missed something or what.

Also tell me how to install web server and configure PHP. I will really appricated.

This are the steps to install teh IDM 7.0:

1. Install the database system, page 10.

2. Install the Identity Center database schema, page 17.

3. Install the database client libraries, page 10.

4. Install the JDBC drivers, page 11.

5. Prepare the web server, page 13.

6. Install and configure PHP, page 14.

7. Install the Management console/Runtime components, page 17.

8. Install Workflow, page 18.

9. Install Monitoring, page 18.

10. Post-installation: Configure the Java Runtime Engine, page 19.

11. Post-installation: Add the JDBC drivers to the classpath extension, page 20.

12. Post-installation: Add the Smarty template engine, page 20.

Regards,

Mohammed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moe,

You should not need to but there's always the possibility of a conflict. I'd reccomend trying it out on another server or VM to establish a baseline.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moe,

Installing PHP is pretty straight forward. Install PHP to the default path, then make the changes that are indicated on Page 14 of SAP-NW_IdM_IC_Install_Overview.pdf which is in the documents folder of the install archive.

To create a new Identity Store instance load up the MMC console and right click on the SAP NetWeaver Identity Management node and select new. This will start the wizard to create a new Identity Center configuration.

Hope this helps!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The SAP NetWeaver Identity Management node was not created by the installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then uninstall and reinstall the management console.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

As you suggest, I reintalled the Management Console but still it is not showing the entry in MMC console. Do I need to unstall the other intances on them? or what?

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moe, you should not have to. Do you have the database drivers installed? What database are you using? Is it on the same server or a different one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

The database drivers are installed but this server has 2 more other sap instances are running and the database is also on the same server. The database is 2005 MS SQL Server. I don't seem to find the Identity Center Entry in the MMC. I did everthing according to installation guide but still having this issue.

Do you think I need to intall it on a separate box?

Any Solution that would be appricated.

Regards,

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello moe

how do you try to start the MMC to see the IdM-console?

regards

michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moe,

Since you have already SAP instances in the server,this could be because of conflict of dlls between MMCs.

So, i would recommend to install only MMC Console on your desktop/other server and connect to your IC Database.

regards

Anand.M