cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i refer Synchronous Abstract Interface as a container var

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Why A(an) "<u>synchronous</u>" Abstract interface can not be referred as a Container variable in the BPM?

Thank you

Ganges Leaves

Message was edited by: Ganges Leaves

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganges,

a container is just a box for ONE message. So you need for a synchronous interface with two different message types to container, one for request, on for response.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Udo for quick reply.

If i have to refer a sync abs interface, what are the steps i need to take.

In the container it is not showing any sync abs interfaces to select. What should i need to do?

Thank you

Ganges Leaves

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BPM containers will hold one message. If you want to hold multiple messages you need to make it multiline.But it works like an Array. So you can't have multiple message types with one container.

Just have a look at this blog-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi

Hope this helps,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for quick reply, Moorthy.

1. I have a file with 100 requests.

2. I have a pricing engine exposed as a webservice

3. I want to go through run these 100 requests through webserviceand load results to another file.

Other words FILE(Async)-WS(Sync)-FTP(Async).

I am trying to convert Abs_Async_Interface_request to Abs_Sync_webservice_request.

What are my options?

(I have some values need to be translated before calling pricing webservice.)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganges~

I have got one more link, which is similar Scenario. Instead of WebService it is RFC over there.

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Another option is- do the MApping in BPm with the help of Transformation Step. And if you get any response , then send it to File.

Either you can call your Webservice for each request or at one shot. If you are calling WebService for each request then make use of ParForEach Loop in BPM and you can achieve this very easily.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through the blog; try to do the exact same thing. (I got rid of my translation steps to make the scenario work)Arpit Seth did a good job of explaining the scenario. Unfortunately he explained the BPM in very short. It is not showing the container variables for those steps.

If I can execute atpit scenario, I think my problem is fixed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Ganges Leaves

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are following that blog(no.1926) then your container variables will be like this.

Async, Abstract Message Interface (File Req)- To receive the Message in the BPM. And this will sent as a Sync by Send (Sync) step.

Async, Abstract Message Interface (File Resp)- To receiver the Response message.

This response will be sent to File in the last Send Step. ( this is not sync Send)

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

I thik this will solve the problem