Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble using JMS Message Selector and DCJMSMessageProperty0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

My scenario is Mainframe => MQ => JMS Adapter => XI => SAP

My MQ channel is communicating fine to XI and I've set the JMS adapter to JMS Compliant.

I have multiple message types with consistent headers but varying data layouts that I need to route to different mapping objects. So it seems the best solution for this is JMS Message Selector based on reading a header value from one of the dynamic message properties.

I've read SAP Notes and SAP Library and SDN Wiki articles about this configuration and I think its possible.

• Note 856346 - J2EE JMS Adapter: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

• Note 1086303 - XI JMS Adapter and IBM Websphere MQ: FAQ

My mainframe sends an MQ message that includes some extra header information like

field: ApplType VALUE: 000000002

field: ApplName VALUE: MIS056O

I configured my Communication Channel to set Adapter-Specific Message Attributes and also Additional JMS Message Properties to include ApplType and ApplName.

However, I can only see some of the standard JMS header items such as CorrelationID, none of the additional ones.

In RWB I see "JMS property 'ApplType' that corresponds to dynamic header 'DCJMSMessageProperty0' is missing from JMS message 'ID:f2f0f0f9f0f4f2f1f0f9f1f5f5f3f7f44040404040404040'; consequently it cannot be added to XI message 'e136a6e8-8580-4adc-2007-9ccab93f1ef4' as a dynamic header"

Can anyone with some experience doing this help me see if I'm missing a trick somewhere? How can I see where this information is being dropped? Could it be when MQ is handing to JMS?

Many thanks,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After sifting through some IBM documentation I found that the PutApplName field actually maps to JMS name JMSXAppID. So after adding this to my Additional JMS Message Properties list I get the dynamic JMS message property I need for sorting out the messages.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv6/v6r0/topic/com.ibm.mq.csqzaw.doc/uj25450_.htm

Answers (0)