cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you tell me What Track internally can contain ?

Thanks,

kiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think you are expecting some info about NWDI tracks. If my guess is correct then here the answer is:

1. A track contains, all development configurations and all runtime systems that are needed to develop, test, and produce one or more software components.

2. Within a track you develop a software component or software components, deploy them in a central test system, import them into a consolidation system, and eventually assemble the software component archive and move it the QA system.

3. You can have any number of tracks in NWDI and this depends sizing etc...

4. The delivery methods of any software components are defined from track to track which are defined by using Landscape Configurator of CMS.

5. How to define a Track:

a. Track definition (I)

b. Track name, which is limited to 8 characters

c. Host, port, and protocol (http/https) of DTR and CBS server

d. Software components to be developed

e. Software components required for the development

f. The usage dependencies must be defined in the SLD. They are imported from SLD.

g. Up to four central runtime systems can be defined for each track.

h. Each runtime system is optional.

Please let me know if you need any further clarifications.

Thanks

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Basically while creating TRACK we need to give some info like (track name,track id,DTR,e.t.c.). After that there are three tabs available in track(General Data,Runtime systems,Build), In runtime systems you need to mention the system names and SDM host and passwords for direct deployment. And finally there is a button called ADD SC. click on that button and the required SCA files. and click on save, by this track with all the required entries will be completed.

Brief:

1)Track Data(DTR URL)

2)Runtime Systems

3)Add SC

these are the main things in Track

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your question is unclear.