Did you mean: 

7.0 dispatcher not starting - Missing delimiter on command line

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

while testing my dispatcher on 7.0 the first time i get the following message:

D:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\IdM\Identity Center\Service-Scripts>Dispatcher_Servic
e_disp1.bat test
Running MxDispatcher_disp1.
[21.04.2009 16:45:24-625] - Initialized log for com.sap.idm.ic.services.api.MXMC
Api. Log level is Debug
Command argument:Files
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------
USAGE:
MxDispatcher -version
MxDispatcher [runonce] [checkconfig]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
[21.04.2009 16:45:24-640] - Missing delimiter on command line

the batch script is

SET DSE_HOME=D:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\IdM\Identity Center
SET MXDISPATCHERJAR=%DSE_HOME%\java\MxDispatcher.jar;%DSE_HOME%\java\MxMCApi.jar;%DSE_HOME%\java\sapjco.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver\sqljdbc_1.2\deu\sqljdbc.jar;%CLASSPATH%
SET MXDISPATCHERPROP=D:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\IdM\Identity Center\Service-Scripts\Dispatcher_Service_disp1.prop

"%DSE_HOME%\MxService" MxDispatcher_disp1 %MC_COMMAND% mainclass=com/sap/idm/ic/services/dispatcher/MxDispatcher "jvmdll=%JVMDLL%" "homedir=%DSE_HOME%" "-Djava.class.path=%MXDISPATCHERJAR% " -DDSE_HOME="%DSE_HOME%" -DMCSERVICES_PROP="%MXDISPATCHERPROP%" %OPTIONS%

I tryed to put the lines in quotes like SET DSE_HOME="D:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\IdM\Identity Center" but the only result is an syntax error.

Thank you for every help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

renefeisterSAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Norman,

I was able to check your issue on your test machine and was able to start the dispatcher without using the mxservice.exe, so I started the dispatcher in the same way on windows as it is done for unix system.

Here the example syntax that finally worked fine (also maybe interesting for others; therefore pasting it in here):

"C:Program Files (x86)SAPIdMsapjvm_5 injava.exe" -cp "D:Program Files (x86)SAPIdMIdentity CenterJava;D:Program Files (x86)SAPIdMIdentity CenterjavaMxDispatcher.jar;D:Program Files (x86)SAPIdMIdentity CenterjavaMxMCApi.jar;D:Program Files (x86)SAPIdMIdentity Centerjavasapjco.jar;C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driversqljdbc_1.2deusqljdbc.jar" -DDSE_HOME="D:Program Files (x86)SAPIdMIdentity Center" -DMCSERVICES_PROP="D:TEMPDispatcher_Service_dispa1.prop" com.sap.idm.ic.services.dispatcher.MxDispatcher

But to make this work properly I had to install the latest "Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 5.0" from Sun.

Hope that helps a bit.

Regards,

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone be a little more detailed then the post above about this situation?

I am experiencing an issue when trying to "test" dispatchers in my IDM installation which is Linux RH Enterprise with Oracle11g database...

I keep getting the message  "C:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\MxService.exe" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

The service-scripts have been regenerated after setting java variables and exist as Dispatcher_Service_idmdispatcher.bat, ".prop, ".sh - I am assuming my Windows 7 Workstation (client) is attempting to use the *.bat file when I test?

Googling for possible resolve lead me to this thread and I *think* were mentioning editing the bat file which causes the script to not use the MxService.exe  I am unsure exactly where or how to add those lines above (given my different configuration) to resolve the issue by not using MxService.exe (this file doesn't even exist on my system....)

Any assistance provided is greatly appreciated!  I have attached my *.bat file just renamed extension to make it possible. remove "_" replace with "t"

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

The reason is that LINUX cannot run the EXE, it needs to be the JAR file.  Make sure you're running the .SH file and not the .BAT file.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

I am not trying to run the exe in linux.  I am trying to use the Windows Client MMC for IDM to interact with a IDM server which is hosted on a linux OS with Oracle 11g database.   I only want to utilize the MMC for IDM via my client workstation as a way of interacting with the Linux IDM server, therefore the MxService.exe is something that is trying to run on my client machine, right???? because that is where I installed the IDM Client MMC Console (which points to the IDM server which is hosted via Linux machine...)

Am I going about this wrong?  Is this not possible... is there another way I should be administering/setting up the Linux IDM configuration for dispatchers etc outside of the windows environment and on the server directly...?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I figured as much.

This also clarifies things.  As things stand right now you cannot directly manage a linux based dispatcher from the console.  You'll have to start/stop it manually.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Are you saying that the only way to configure a Linux OS IDM Installation dispatcher is via the Linux Command line on the server itself?  How would one go about doing that via command line? just running the dispatcher *.sh script from the linux server?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Generate the dispatcher on the Windows Machine, then move the prop and sh files to the linux machine.  This machine should already have the linux runtime installed.

Matt

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I tryed all and it doesnt solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman

I faced the same problem.

Somehow it solved by itself, so I can only guess:

Make sure that your CLASSPATH and your PATH env. variables end with an ; (semicolon), both in Windows-Environment-Settings and in IdentityCenter->Tools->Options->Classpath.

I'm not sure if this solves your problem because (as often) I did several changes at once

What I also did is uninstalling JRE 6.13 and reinstalling JDK 6.13 (I first installed JRE only and when it came to VDS I also installed JDK, so maybe this was a little confusing for poor Windows)

Additionally I deleted the dispatcher and created a new one with a slightly different name.

Hope it helped.

Regards

Michael

Edited by: Michael on Apr 30, 2009 4:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Norman,

Not too sure on this one.

Couple of things to try:

1. Shorten the path to the drivers, sometimes the length of the path helps.

2. I'm guessing you're using German drivers.(deu in the path) Maybe try english?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what about the classpath extension box directly below it

It should look something like:

C:\SAP\DB Drivers\sqljdbc4.jar;C:\SAP\DB Drivers\sqljdbc.jar.

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, its C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver\sqljdbc_1.2\deu\sqljdbc.jar

I also tryed to type it in quotes there but nothing changes.

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The following drivers already was included there

com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver;com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver;
com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB;org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver;sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver;
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver;COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver;
COM.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver;COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Norman,

64 Bit windows should work ok with IDM 7.0. Did you include the drivers in the MMC console under Tools, Options, Java?

Matt

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I'm using MSSQL Server 2005 and the classpath extension is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver\sqljdbc_1.2\deu\sqljdbc.jar.

In the pam I saw that 64bit Windows is not supported. Can it be the reason?

Regards Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

What database are you using? Did you update the classpath?