Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To update data in different databases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is my first post in SDN community.

Scenario : Proxy to JDBC adapter

we have a scenario where the data has to get updated in two different databases with the defined company codes. For example if the company code is 001, the data corresponding to the company code has to update in the DB1 and if the company code is 002, it has to update in the DB2 respectively. We tried the same by creating 2 Business service at the receiver side and tried to route it through Receiver Determination-->Configuration receivers. The data is getting updated, but does not follows the conditions since the input data is through Proxy.

Is there any way that we could insert a User-Defined function in Mapping and route the data to their respective business services.

Expert suggestions are welcome !!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First u need to create the two message interfaces . In interface determination mention two interfaces.

If u configure the condition in condition editor in receiver determination

for exanmple: If company code=c1 then it can route to the DB1 database or

if company code=c2 then it can route to the DB2 database.

Regards,

Sateesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot satheesh .. It solved the issue ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

I have used Enhanced determination method and also by creating 2 message mapping and making it accordingly. Both have worked fine for me.

But, in case if i have to send data to 10 or 20 databases at the same time. Then the work could be really tedious and doubled. So, is there any solution that the segregation could be handled at the message mapping itself and by using only one message mapping. Hope so that for the above mentioned two methods we have to create two message mappings and two interface objects. If a User-Defined function can handle the segregation part in the message mapping, then it would be really nice so that there is no need to create 2 message mapping and 2 interface objects. Any how we need to create 2 Business services for the above scenario, that is actually pretty clear.

Kindly help me to approach a new method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this we have to configure Two Communication Channels one for one DB and the other for other DB

Use X-path concept in Interface Determination and call the corresponding inbound Message Interface and Interface Mappings based on the condition

Create Data types Message type & MI's As Usual for the Sender Application(Proxy)

1) Create Two Inbound MI's

2) Create One MM

3) Create 2 Interface Mappings

4) Create 2 Receiver CC and One Sender CC

5) Create One Receiver Det

6) Create 2 Interface Det ( Apply condition Editor to route the message )

7) Create One Sender Agreement

😎 Create Two Receiver Agreements

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos
Is there any way that we could insert a User-Defined function in Mapping and route the data to their respective business services.

Do 2 Message mapping in the IR

1st Mapping SAP --- DB1

2nd Mapping SAP -- DB2

and in the reciver dtermination -

> conditions mention the filters.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course. There is an option called "Enhanced Reciver Determination". Just search SDN for this term, you will get good blogs demonstrating this.

BTW, Welcome to SDN