cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using component WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS with own help value (IWD_VALUE_HELP)

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use the component WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS to build a selection screen. It works fine.

For one field we need a very sepecial F4 help value. I developed an own compopnent (implemented interface IWD_VALUE_HELP). This works fine if I use it for a input field.

Now I want to use the help value component in the component WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS..

I think this should be possible to add the selection field (add_selection_field) and pass the help component, but I don't know how.

I studied WDR_TEST_SELECT_OPTIONS, espacially the method onactionon_special_cases, but there is no example. Probably I need somthing like this:

wd_this->m_handler->add_selection_field(
      i_value_help_type = if_wd_value_help_handler=>co_prefix_appldev ).

But how do I pass the component?

My workaround:

I copied WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS to ZWDR_SELECT_OPTIONS and connected this new component with my help component.

But I am unhappy with this solution, because of the copy of SAP-code.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for help!

Best regrads

Renald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Renald,

did you manage to get this working as I have exactly the same issue as you. I'm getting a dump with the error message "View WD_VALUE_HELP does not exist within the component WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS ".

thanks,

Malcolm.

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malcom,

the described workaround is still running. I did not find any other solution.

Best regards

Renald

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chitrali,

thanks for your reply.

It is not a OVS Value Help but a Freely Programmed Value Help

Have a look here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/47/9b298c66eb3376e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Best regards

Renald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you have developed an OVS component right?

Then in this case, you need to pass IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_HANDLER=>CO_PREFIX_OVS to m_value_help_type. Leave value help id blank!

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Chitrali

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

That is an interesting option, but I have an own help component. In this help component is some logic, a list of values is not enough.

Best regards

Renald

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I_VALUE_HELP_TYPE is specified as CO_PREFIX_APPLDEV then the list of valid values/F4 help values can be specified in parameter IT_VALUE_SET.

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chitrali,

thanks for your answer.

I already tried this. Problem: the component WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS does not know the help component.

Best regards

Renald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Populate parameter - i_value_help_id with the value help component developed by you.

Thanks,

Chitrali