Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Material Master Achive Risks

I am investigating archiving the material master in R/3. I am concerned about the risks associated with removing a material number that has had some historical activity such as purchase orders, sales orders, shipments, and deliveries.

Can someone provide some expertise or experience on the impacts and risks in this scenario once the materials are removed? I am particularly concerned with what happens with regard to reporting, such as SIS structures, BW cubes, profitabililty, etc.

Former Member
replied

As the information data is stored in extra tables, you can still run the analysis.

However, there are limitations.

You cannot search for e.g. material 1000 by náme , as the material is already archived. If you want the analysis for material 1000 then you have to enter the material number directly.

Or you run the analysis without entering any material number and you will find the material 1000 among others in the list.

You will not see a material description in the analysis, as this information is usually taken from material master MAKT table at runtime of your analysis.

If you capture other data like MRP controller in the infostructure, then this data is still available after archiving of material master, and the description of the controller is still found in the customizing tables.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question