Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File from AIX to AS/400 via FTP

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to transfer a file as it is from AIX to AS/400. Doing that with WS-FTP works fine. So i set up a scenario in XI, getting the file from the AIX with NFS and putting the file to the AS/400 with FTP. The runtime workbench tells me that everything is ok (successful) and the file is created on the specified host in the specified folder.

But - the file is not created on the host, or maybe its not visible? Any idea what to check to get a solution? The host is ok, the folder is ok, WS-FTP works fine resulting in a visible file, in XI everything is fine, but the file is missing at least. I really dont know where to have a look at. Anything special to AS/400 in XI?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont expect an answer anymore...

Former Member
0 Kudos

it may be Authorization issue;

check if you have authorization for the folder you are placing the file..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May you can check communication channel logs on Adapter engine. So that it can be conformed that file was writen to target by PI system.

Sorry if you have done this allready.

Thanks,

Divyakumar Jain

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

Is there a chance that some JOB is polling into that target directory and picking up the files that come from XI and deleting them or archiving them?

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, for two reasons: the message log in the runtime workbench say explicitly that the file was created and second the file is copied into an archive folder on AIX side which is newly created, the copy is declared in the sender comunication channel (processing mode archive). So XI is picking up the file on AIX side, copies the file, add a timestamp to it, stores it in the archive folder, then telling me that the file is created on AS400 side.

Or do you mean that someone is picking up the file on AS400 side? I can negoting that two, cause a manual transferred file via WS-FTP resides on the AS400 and is not touched or deleted by another process.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean the second option(File being picked by some other program on AS400 side)

Is the file name or the pattern of the file name the same when you create it using WS-FTP and via XI?

May be, the files created by the XI system are only qualified to be picked by that INVISIBLE Job(Based on some selection on file name patterns) (Assuming that it exists)?

Just keep the FTP folder on the As400 side open while you run the scenario and make sure everything happens in front of your eyes..:) (Like the file coming and being picked away..)

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

P.S: Sorry if I am getting on your nerves with my Invisible Job theory..:)

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a test file on my pc which i'm transferring manual to the AS/400 and manual to to the AIX folder where its picked up the configuration should let the file name untouched

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the communication channel for the As400 shows a success, then it should be there. Did you open the message id and check the complete log for the message? At times, I have seen this happen. Some error being not reported. Just check the log once.

Next, I would try to create another file through XI (with the same file name) and check if it is giving an error message saying file already exists or some thing similar to that. Next try to change the target directory temporarily and see if the file is created at the new directory?