Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR - Training Management Restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not to familiar with Structural Authorisation...and i was wondering if anyone can help me with a query. In HR we are trying to create a restriction on Training Management - For example there are 10 training rooms and 3 users.

Training room 1 - 4 - must only be accessed by user A

Training room 5 - 6 - must only be accessed by user B

Training room 7 - 10 - must only be accessed by user C

I know that I will be using the authorisation object PLOG - but How do I create the structural authorisations for this?

Thanks,

Hema

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Structural Authorization is closely tied to processes related to the ORG. The switch being on ( or using it for authorization) does not mean structural can be used in all facets in HCM.

I have not yet worked in training management module yet, however, just have the feeling structural might not be applicable here at all. I might be totally wrong, however, have you segregated the processes and the transactions that go in each? Have you built the shell roles and tested them ? Can you list some transactions?

PLOG is not applicable here.

Thanks

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Hema

As part of SAP Learning Solutions - Training Management is the key component.

I think you need to have defined org structure if you are planning to use Structural authorization.

Well..even I have not worked on Training Management, May be this following link will help you with the training management structure and the info type used.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ls200/helpdata/en/30/e63a3c24b4a00ae10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps

thanks

Santosh Kumar