cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change host of our R3 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

When connect from portal to R3 system, the portal open the browser (ITS) with the hostname of the R3 system, not, full name (DNS), and we have error.

How I can change the definition of name of the host to the full name ,for the portal open the connection without problem the ITS of R3?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The server host name of the ABAP system are stored in the system definition of the ABAP system within the portal system landscape directory. Open the system definition, go to the ITS settings and change the hostname there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

thanks for you fast reply.

Cau you send me more information?.

I have the BW and portal in the samme system and samme host. I need change the name of the host in BW-PORTAL for tu connect to R3 system. The definition of R3 host name is "short name" in BW-PORTAL and I need to change to full name.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

system admin -> system config -> Expand Portal content to find your system. Double click the system and in the drop down select "Internet Transaction Server". Change the hostname and use "Save"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

In definition of ITS I have the old ITS. We have update the R3 to Ecc and I want change the definition for connect directly to ITS of ECC.

- Name of Host ITS ? - Host of ECC?

- Wap.ITS.Path ? /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The hostname and port number of the integrated ITS can be found from transaction SMICM and look at the parameters. The hostname is the fully qualified ABAP server and the port number is normally 8000, but your basis team can tell you that. Leave the ITS path blank. Upload the SSO certificate into STRUSTSSO2, add the ACL entry (both the same as for R/3) and you're all done!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Thanks for you reply and you help

Best regards