Error in Multimapping of PI7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have:

SWCV A - to maintain outbound messages

SWCV B - to maintain Inbound message

SWCV C - to hold message mapping

i am trying to do a multi mapping (2:1). when i select 1 outbound message(MSG_A_1) and 1 inbound message(MSG_B_1) in the signature tab of message mapping, i am able to see messages in definition tab.

But as soon as i select the 2nd message(MSG_A_2) at the outbound end in signature tab, the definition tab goes blank stating MSG_A_2 and MSG_B_1 does not exist.

I am getting this error in PI 7.1

Anyone of you has any clue about it.

Regards,

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note mentioned in my earlier reply solved the issue.

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

in your case i think you should have;

(MSG_A_1) -> (MSG_B_1)

(MSG_B_1) -> (MSG_A_2 )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Maybe You are mapping some field before You change the cardinality of the messages(adding more than one message), When you use the multimapping as in source and in target message at least 2 aditional nodes are created. one "Messages" and one for each message(ie. "Message1", "Message2"...), in this way the paths of the elements are not the same.

I hope It helps you.

Regards

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iván,

Thanks for your response...

But i have not done any mapping before adding the 2nd message. In fact i added all the 3 messages in Signature tab and then moved to Definitions tab to find this kind of error.

The Definitions tab shows blank message panes with exclamatory mark(!) (inside a yellow square) which i think indicates to Structural inconsistency.

But i dont know how a structural inconsistency can occur when i am doing everything afresh.

I am not sure if this is PI's internal problem.

Is there any solution available for this?

Thanks

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found a SAP note related to my issue:

1165032 - Unable to find Message Type while

opening Message Mapping

Once we implement this and the issue gets resolved, i will Update/Close the thread.

Thanks

Shailesh