Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have two z tables. One is a main table with doc. number and line number and other table is a child table which has doc num, line num and other details.

The problem looks silly. Here is my problem ....I got couple of records from the main table and when I did a search on the child table with the doc num and the line num from the main table records...it is not displaying any records. But there are records in the child table with that doc num and line num.

I tried with all formats, appending zero...removing zero etc.....but the result is same.

What could be the problem?? Please sugges.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

May it is because, you have saved the number as chars without leading zeroes. If you are saving numbers then pls save it with the leading zeros.

Regards,

Naimesh

Reward points, if it is useful..!

6 REPLIES 6

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Have you tried to look for these records from Tr. SE16?

Are they visible?

Regards,

Dezso

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

May it is because, you have saved the number as chars without leading zeroes. If you are saving numbers then pls save it with the leading zeros.

Regards,

Naimesh

Reward points, if it is useful..!

0 Kudos

Nimesh...looks like your are right...when I tried downloading the records in to an excel file, the preceding zeros are getting truncated. Do know whatis the setting in excel in order to avoid that? I want to see preceding zeros also. This is not a question related to this forum though.....but please post it if anyone know the answer.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hello,

My name is Naimesh.. not Nimesh

If you want to see the leading zeroes in the excel...

1. Download your data in to .txt

2. Open excel. Open file by Cliking on FILE -> Open file...

3. You will get the Text import wizard...

4. Select Delimited or fixed width as per data

5 Press next 2 times

6. Select Text radiobutton in 3 step in which column you want to retain the leading zeros.

Regards,

Naimesh

PS: Reward points, if it is useful..!

0 Kudos

Hi,

select the column , right click , choose format cell , then select text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

The common fields should be referring to the same data elements and the data should be save exactly in the same manner.

IF you can check that code, then probably you will find the issue in the difference in the data.

Regards,

Ravi