cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headline for Listbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have embedded a list_box UI element and now I'm wondering if there's a way to provide a headline with column descriptions? I don't see anything similar at the UI element properties, so I assume I have to add a kind of headline with other UI elements. Can you confirm this?

Thanks and regards, Steffen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you want column descriptions, consider using a stripped down table UI element instead of a ItemListBox.

If you want a label (I assume that is what you meant by headline), add that as a separate UI element.

steffen_weber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your (very) fast answer!

But what is a "stripped down table"? Do you mean a standard WD table?

My current listbox looks like a table, containing 2 columns(text and descriptive text). I thought there is maybe a way to simply add some column descriptions with background color above the first list entry.

But when I understood you right, there isn't!

Regards, Steffen

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No, there are no headers on a ItemListBox. And I don't see how you could manipulate the background color. Even if you could that would probably be much more difficult than just using a Table UI element. What I mean by stipped down is no lead selection, no sorting, no filtering - just a very basic table. It will look identical to the ItemListBox, except it will allow for more than 2 columns and will allow you to supply column headers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

steffen_weber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks!